When did your premmie baby come home?

JustRhi

Reaction score
Being induced tomorrow at 35 weeks, Just wondering if anyone had their baby around that time & if all went well, when did you get to take them home? xxx

At that gestation some come home with mummy, just a few days in hospital to establish feeding and to see how they are. Some may require a stay in nicu some will be in and out the same day and onto the ward. U'll probably know already what's happening since uve probably had baby by now?
Let us know how u got on

My twins were born at 35 weeks. My little boy came home straight away, but my little girl spent 17 days in the NICU

My son was born at 35 weeks, and is still in the NICU trying to establish feeds. :( It's been 2 weeks and 4 days.

Mine was 32 weeks. 3lbs 1oz. She spent 30 days in the nicu and came home. hopefully at 35 weeks yours will be quicker.

My 2 35 weekers did 7 days and 10 days, mainly for jaundice. Good luck hun:hugs:

My daughter was born at 35 weeks and she stayed in the hospital for two weeks. When she was born she could not eat, keep weight on or keep a stable body temp. It was rough at first but even by a week later she was doing much better. She had to stay so long because she kept dropping weight. She had an IV at first, then tube feedings, and then a preemie bottle. She was 5 lbs and 13oz at birth and left the hospital at barely 5 lbs. She also had really bad acid reflux as well but that went away.

My first one came out at 35+1 corrected so was in for 6 and a half weeks.
My second one just has to get his monitors off and get onto 4 hourly demand feeds so potentially also coming out around 35 weeks. He will have been in around 7 weeks then.

My twins born at 29 weeks came home 7 weeks and 9 weeks after birth. My son who came home later came home on a monitor, but my daughter didnt

My daughter was born at 31 weeks exactly and we got to take her home after 4 weeks and one day - they day before mothers day which was lovely xx

As you'll probably tell by now, there is no rule of thumb for when preemies come home. Some do really well, some take a bit longer to get used to feeding or breathing. We were told to expect them home on their due date and anything earlier than that is a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->