When did your toddler jump

Babybum35

Reaction score
My dd will be 2 at the end of November. After a slow start language wise she is at 50+ words with several phrases and sentences. She has in the past been ahead physically meaning walking by 10 months running by 13 and she climbs like a champ. only thing she doesn't do is jump. She tries real hard. Will bend her knees and then go to her tip toes while raising her hands but only one foot will come off the ground. I guess I'm wondering cause her friend who is a month younger does this and she seemed to get it really quick but she is also very advanced....

No jumping here-lots of bouncing but like you say both feet aren't leaving the ground. Dd is 2 in December. She is also a little slower with talking-amount of words is picking up and just started one or two 2 word phrases. She walked at 15 months.

I don't remember when but neither of mine did before 2. :) My DS walked at 9 months and after that big milestone like him crawling, walking early etc became insignificant when it came to him doing physical milestones like jumping, swimming etc. I wouldn't worry at all that she's not jumping yet, it'll come. :)

Jumped at about 29 months. Tried for months and months before this.

Mine didn't until about two and a half. Now I think I need to go shopping for a jump rope!

My daughter has just started jumping now at 26 months. My eldest son was nearer 3 before he could jump.

My DS was jumping really early about 13 months. He was jumping with both feet off the ground not holding anything about two weeks before he started walking, crazy child. However he is two and a half now and only just stringing more than a couple of words together. They all have different strengths and interests I think, DS is great at anything physical but was much slower than some of his friends learning his colours and with speech etc. I'm pretty sure that by his second birthday he was still only using single words.

dd1 was 19 months, dd2 was 12 months (she is a freak when it comes to all of her milestones lol) and dd3 was about 18 months (or thereabouts) Ill always remember my dd1 'jumping' and only getting one leg off the ground, it is the cutest thing ever and they really do believe that they are jumping so so high.

My daughter could jump well by 18 months. My son was nearly three.

Mine jumped shortly after she turned 2. There's a massive range of normal for this skill - I've known a couple of kids who haven't done it until 3, and others who were doing it before they were 2!

My DD was 20 months and DS around 15 months

Thanks ladies. It's really hard not to compare but I think the main theme I've been reading is kids do things when they feel like it. I also think very few kids actually develop both physical as well as language skills at the same time.

I don't remember exactly, but I don't think my kids were really jumping at 2 and they've had no physical delays whatsoever. Violet crawled at 7.5 months and walked at 10.5 months. Runs, jumps, and climbs fine now. Leo crawled at 5.5 months, walked at about 13 to 14 months, climbs AMAZINGLY well and is constantly jumping now.

Gracie is 2 this week and she can bounce really well on a trampoline (knees bending and extending, moving up and down) but her feet don't actually leave the ground. She does bounce up and down so it really looks like jumping. When not on a trampoline she holds her hands above her head in fists, pulls them down and raises one knee at the same time and thinks she's jumping. It's super cute! She can jump down off objects though.

She's an odd developer. She's been really early with some physical things (sitting, holding head up etc) but then pretty late at others - she didn't crawl til 10 months, walk til 15 months etc - same with language. She followed instructions and learned most body parts by 18 months (she could point out her philtrum, haha) but didn't link two words together until about 20 months.

I can't remember with the boys but I think it was after two. Dd loves to jump and has been jumping for around 3-6 months I guess, she is 2 in November

Rio was definitely way after 2 because I remember worrying about it myself. Pretty sure I even made a thread about it. He jumps fine now age 4 and has done for a long time.

Rio was definitely way after 2 because I remember worrying about it myself. Pretty sure I even made a thread about it. He jumps fine now age 4 and has done for a long time.

Thanks Kristy. And everyone else too. It feels like there's always something new to worry about.

I seem to recall our health nurse saying that if they weren't doing it by 4 it *could* be a flat for an underlying issue. At 2 I wouldn't be worried at all.

I don't remember with Thomas. Sophie was 23/24 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->