When do they crawl?

pinkneon

Birth mommy xx
Reaction score
I wondered how soon after a sitting and rolling a preemie learns to crawl? I know they often say "a few weeks" with a full-term baby, but don't know with my princess. She's only recently learnt to sit unaided, though does often still fall over. She also recently learnt to roll but doesn't do it often - it's almost like some days she can't do it :cry: So she's 10months old - woah, almost 11!!!! - and I wondered when (if) she'll crawl? She gets so frustrated being in one position - especially is she can't reach something!!
Also thought I'd share this photo of her looking so proud of herself for sitting up!

Attachments

• 03102011771.jpg
    03102011771.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 4
Aw bless her!

All babies are different when it comes to this one! In fact, alex never crawled in the start- she rolled to wherever she wanted to go - you could see her plan it out before moving!
She did eventually crawl normally but in the end it was too late because she could cruising and get about other ways!

All babies do it at different times, some never crawl. Babies can sit from 5 months and not crawl till months later, some learn everything around the same time.
So hard to know for sure when ur lo will do it.
My son sat at 5 months(full termer) but never did anything else till 11 months when he learned to bum shuffle.

Try just doing tummy time alot and put toys close but just out of reach and she will soon learn.

Oh Ella was just the same, she got SO frustrated at not being able to move. Think she was just over 10months when she started to crawl but had been sitting from 5 1/2 months. We spent a lot of time pushing things, mainly a ball, just out of reach and she eventually started crawling but she's 16months now and only started walking last week

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->