When do u stop using a stair gate?

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
My son is 2yrs nearly 10months, and i just wondered when the right time was to take down the stair gate. We dont have one at the bottom now, just one at the top.

The one we have is 'on its last legs', so im just wondering if i should buy a new one or just take it down.

Jack can go up and down the stairs on his own no problems, and doesnt sleep walk. He will some times come into our room in the nite and he has to go past the top of the stairs to do this, if u see what i mean.

What do u think?

I think it would be okay as long as he knows the rules and dangers of the stairs :) My friends 2 year old has been "stair gate" free for 2 weeks now and is doing great she walks up to the stairs and say "oh booboo's" and walks away lol

I think it would be okay as long as he knows the rules and dangers of the stairs :) My friends 2 year old has been "stair gate" free for 2 weeks now and is doing great she walks up to the stairs and say "oh booboo's" and walks away lol

Yeah he completely understands, and hes always careful as he walks up and down

When my LO is in bed a don't bother with stairgates, kieran is pretty good and doesn't usual venture up there, i think my kitchen gate will last longer though...otherwis i get my fridge raided!! lol x

I still use a stair gate and Carly is 3. No way would i take it off , as even though she knows , she still can have an accident.
I just wouldnt trust them when they are young.

Thanks everyone!

Mentioned it to my hubby, and he was more concerned that taking it down will allow him to keep coming downstairs after bed time! Hmm, not sure what to do. If i keep it ill have to get a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->