When do you give your protein/meat meal?

Sarah+

Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of the books advise giving the protein meal (meat or alternative) at lunch and then a veg/pasta/other meal at dinner. What is the reasoning for this?

My LO tends to get a bit fussy about lunch for some reason, so never eats much. (He seems to get tired during the meal, not matter how early I serve :wacko: ). So I'd rather offer it in the eveing. Also easier if you're out and about in the daytime.

Thanks

I've never heard of this rule, and Ruby's meals usually contain something from each food group anyway.

It's so they don't poo at night and wake up from it when they are already sleeping throught the night.

I give my son meat etc at lunch time, bt to be honest he still has a poo at night, so not sure if that really works. lol

It's so they don't poo at night and wake up from it when they are already sleeping throught the night.

I give my son meat etc at lunch time, bt to be honest he still has a poo at night, so not sure if that really works. lol

Ah.... I see! Mine still doesn't sleep through so doesn't really matter then!

I give meat for lunch, mainly because I usually give it to him with veg, and he has a very windy bottom, which could cause problems at night! x

I think protein is a little harder to digest, too, so it is "harder" on their tummies and more likely to cause a belly ache or being unsettled at night.

When I first offered meat, it seems to sit very heavy on LO's tummy so I stopped it for a bit. But now he does just fine with it. He has some form of meat for just about every dinner (steak last night!) and (knock wood) doesn't poo at night. He actually poos right after lunch where he only sometimes has meat! :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->