when/how to start?

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
I asked HV today about weaning and she said that new NHS guidelines say to wait til 20 weeks, she asked about Chloe's eating, how much how often etc, is she sleeping...... she said that Chloe is showing no signs of wanting solids so don't?!

I also have a question..... how do you start? I mean, is it a case of, for example the feed before bed giving less milk and a spoonful of rice? sorry, I am completely clueless on this!

We gave Hannah her first solids last night. She doesn't drink a lot of milk at each feed but was wanting milk more often. And I had noticed her watching us eat and she was chewing on toys! Anyways after the initial what are you doing to me looks she seemed to enjoy it. She even helped guide the spoon to her mouth...which meant of course that rice cereal went everywhere (up her nose in her eye :rofl: You name it there was cereal there).

Most babies will show signs they are are ready for solids , example max was 3 months when we started , he would stare at us eating and open his mouth when he saw food , he was drinking 40+ onz of milk per day and wasent sleeping at night anymore ..we started with rice and found that only upset his tummy so we switched to oatmeal and he loved it and it was easy on tummy

MY HV was out yesterday to discuss weaning, she said it's a good guide when they watch you eating and get annoyed cos they want some too!

She said either morning or evening it's up to you, she recommends doing the spoon feed before the milk altho many ppl do it in the middle or end.

In the booklet she gave me it says ideally wait at least 6 months and never before 17 wks. In the booket it also says spoon feeds will have no impact on how long baby sleeps at night... I always thought it did oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->