When is best to inseminate?? And what worked for you?

The2mums

Reaction score
Found this online

"Q. What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing home insemination with a “Turkey Baster” and commercially available ovulation predictor?
A. The advantage is the favorable home environment open to romantic and playful improvisations for the couple.

The disadvantages are unfortunately numerous: 1) A home insemination is depositing sperm in the upper vagina, into a very acidic and unfavorable environment for the sperm, which will allow only a very limited number of sperm to gain access into the cervical mucus and thus survive. 2) Ovulation kits measure the LH surge, which signals ovulation within 36-44 hours. However once the LH surge is detectable, progesterone has already risen and the cervical mucus has turned from watery and clear to cloudy and viscous. Thus the best time for home insemination (cervical insemination) is 24-96 hours before the onset of the LH surge, when the cervical mucus is the most favorable and protective for the sperm. In that sense the ovulation kit only tells you, that you should have done it 2-4 days ago!"

Is it true? We got the surge Tuesday 11am inseminated 2pm same day, 10.30am next day and 11am next day.
Is that right??

Is that enough time inbetween to allow him to produce more sperm? Because we ovulated early he'd had sex on the Monday. So it actually means he's ejaculated Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.

I wonder if he actually produced sperm or just fluid?

What does everyone else do?

ESP people who are pregnant!! What did you do??

xx

I don't know if we are pregnant yet, as I am only 6-7 dpo. I used a calculator as apposed to any opk or bbt. I knows its not the most accurate but it was a last minute thing. My Cm was wet and creamy, not excm, day 13 of cycle. We used a needle less syringe.

Males are constantly producing sperm. There would have been sperm in there for sure, but just not as many as if had abstained. Still more than enough though

Found this online

"Q. What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing home insemination with a “Turkey Baster” and commercially available ovulation predictor?
A. The advantage is the favorable home environment open to romantic and playful improvisations for the couple.

The disadvantages are unfortunately numerous: 1) A home insemination is depositing sperm in the upper vagina, into a very acidic and unfavorable environment for the sperm, which will allow only a very limited number of sperm to gain access into the cervical mucus and thus survive. 2) Ovulation kits measure the LH surge, which signals ovulation within 36-44 hours. However once the LH surge is detectable, progesterone has already risen and the cervical mucus has turned from watery and clear to cloudy and viscous. Thus the best time for home insemination (cervical insemination) is 24-96 hours before the onset of the LH surge, when the cervical mucus is the most favorable and protective for the sperm. In that sense the ovulation kit only tells you, that you should have done it 2-4 days ago!"

Is it true? We got the surge Tuesday 11am inseminated 2pm same day, 10.30am next day and 11am next day.
Is that right??

Is that enough time inbetween to allow him to produce more sperm? Because we ovulated early he'd had sex on the Monday. So it actually means he's ejaculated Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.

I wonder if he actually produced sperm or just fluid?

What does everyone else do?

ESP people who are pregnant!! What did you do??

xx

I felt he same way the 1st time we ttc. my donor had been pretty active that week so we were skeptical about that mobility of the sperm. I read that men produce 300 mil sperm per day, but it usually take a day or so for them to be at their maximum mobility. I thought we had missed my LH surge so we actually inseminated 3 days b4 LH surge then once detected we inseminated for 3 more days. Maybe you shld try doing it a couple days early next time if it doesn't catch. We didn't use anything but the sperm and syringe. No preseed or soft cups, and I waited til 14dpo to test. I really hope you catch soon!

Baby dust!!!!

The one time we inseminated two days before oh surge we had a chemical pregnancy. Another chemical last month - inseminated day of lh surge

I don't think timing is everything. I know loads of people who have caught by inseminating day one of lh surge, same on day two. Also one lady who insemmed 5 days before ov and others who insemmed day of ov or one/two days pre lh surge.

Last month when I had the chemical I used soft cups. Just soft cups.

The first time we inseminated, we didn't use ovulation tests. I just tried to go by when I "should" ovulate, but because my periods are kinda wonky it didn't work. The next month we used the ovulation test (just the super cheap kind off the internet) and we started inseminating when we got the first faint line and we did it every other day for a week. We used a known donor and made sure he would be available that week. But it worked! Those opk's are wonderful things for girls like me who have unpredictable cycles.

I probably have said this before. When we had our treatment I was told I think to drink water before hand. Me being me drank way too much water and had an uncomfortable full bladder. I swear this had something to do with it and guided our little pumpkin in the right direction as there wasnt any room left in my stomach.

May be worth ago?:flower:

She always needs a wee lol!!! So much so I couldn't hook the soft cup up as her bladder was so full lol

I'm becoming disheartened already now - its never going to happen thats how I feel at the moment so sad
xx

Hey Laura, read your thing in Diva but had seen you on here already and follow your blog.

I wish I could grow a c*ck for when I needed it and bd all the time. We hate having to rely on someone else to make our family.

We have near enough written this try off as her headache usually means AF is coming. Last month 2 days late stood in the bathroom 5am on a Sunday with a clearblue "not preganant"

That feeling......... tears a piece out my heart

x

I know it's horrible. I've given up testing until after af is due. Not used a test in a few mons now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->