When is it ok to BD again after mc?

Nat0619

Mummy :-)
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I had medical management for miscarriage 2 weeks ago now but am still spotting. My follow-up scan yesterday confirmed my womb is clear, all pregnancy tissue is gone.

But as I am still spotting a little I'm wary to :sex:. But I'm missing it :haha: And am sure OH is too! Also am keen to get back down to it in case I ov as would be perfectly happy to catch the first egg that comes out :haha:

How long has everyone tended to leave it after a mc? x

hi nat my doc told me to wait 2 weeks but that just seemed like an age awy so the furthest we go was 1 wk :blush:

hey...sorry for your loss.
i mc naturally in march & stopped bleeding within a week....we BD soon as was safe & i felt ov pains within 2 weeks..my cycle has returned to nomal now so im waiting to see if we got lucky this month or will AF get me on fri 13th!!!! xx

if its just a little brown spotting it wouldn't necessarily put me off BDing my bleeding settled quite quickly lasted about 6 days with one day of spotting following (and I'm pretty sure we did BD that night too).

Whenenver you feel ready is my answer!!!!

I think they say wait 2 weeks or until the bleeding (and I think they mean a flow rather than spotting!) stops, as there is a chance of infection, not sure how high the risk is though.

If it's only spotting though and you both feel ready then I would say go for it :thumbup:

For us it was 6 weeks after our M/C as I was bleeding the whole time, when we did though it was only 1 week and 2 days after I had an ERPC. On top of that we hadn't had :sex: since we found out we were pregnant as my OH was so scared :D, so all in all it had been 18 weeks :blush:

had a d&c and 1st BD was about 2 weeks later, i waited until my follow up appt with the dr so i could ask her if it was ok, was too traumatized to ask (or think of asking) when we found out about the loss and when i had the procedure.

Thanks for the replies ladies. I'm sure I have read somewhere to leave it 2 weeks from mc, and this seems to be a common timeframe here, and as I have had the all clear from the scan yesterday I think I will now relax and just let is happen whenever it may do :blush::haha:

Thanks girls x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->