When is the best time to call family after birth

Babushka

Reaction score
Just wondering when you are planning on calling your family after bubs has been born. I was thinking that my OH and I should do it together after I've had a shower. He can ring his family himself with me beside him and vice versa.

I'm also going to block visitors entirely for the first day as I will no doubt be exhausted and want us to spend the time together.

What are your plans?

Its sooo up to you! I've always had people close to right after birth

My parents, sister, LO's 2 godmothers, and MIL, FIL and 2 SILs will be at the hospital when I have LO. Everyone else will be called after they have visited and I have kicked them out.

I'm not planning on any hospital visitors. All the family lives too far to show up. And with his parents, we work with them, so they'll have to stay on property while I'm in the hospital.

I'll make phone calls once I'm up to it, and will have to e-mail pictures when I'm able, to those who can't get cellphone pics.

We did exactly as you planned Hun!

Except our visitor ban was longer ;)

We are having him at 8am then once back to the room and settled calling my parents to come up...
Then just sending a message out later that day (late enough so that people can't visit)
Saying
"Baby's born blah blah etc (you get the point) and
"No visitors please as mum and bub are recovering and should be home soon anyway"
Then we will ring each individual person in the next few days...

I don't want visitors to the hospital other than my mum and dad... Too cramped and we just want time to bond with my little man :)

We have no family nearby so there is no chance of them visiting the hospital. They will be traveling out to visit us two weeks after she is born. We will start making calls shortly after she is born, if I am not up to it my husband can take care of it :) Since this is our first, this is just our plan as we are well aware we may change our minds :haha:

With my last pregnancy I was scheduled to have a csection at 10am but didn't end up going to theatre till about 3pm, my phone was going crazy with calls and messaged from very anxious family members. I have 4 sisters and my mum, hubby is one of four and then there is his mum and dad. After the csection I had to call them straight away to put them out of their misery. I couldn't wait to call them and announce the sex and have them in to visit!
After two weeks though I was so sick of visitors that I cried lol I just wanted to be left alone!!

My mum was there so rang our family to tell them. DH rang his family to tell them.

I was too exhausted and caught up with my baby to even care about calling. Later on while he was sleeping, I was exhausted but still on a high and couldn't sleep I looked at my phone and responded to messages and made an announcement on Facebook.

I'm planning to wait and see how I feel- probably no visitors on the day and I'd prefer to have it Just me and dh enjoying our baby

will depend on what time of day/night baby is born. I'm not making phone calls in the middle of the night and waking people up to let them know bub has arrived, after all, not much will change in a couple of hours while the sun comes up. ;)
I don't plan on letting people know I'm in labour though so its not like people will be sitting waiting, and I want that time just to spend with our new baby, our 1st son and hubby.
If bub is born during the day then we'll wait a few hours, I'm homebirthing and my parents live 5mins away so I'd rather wait as long as possible in the hope they won't visit until the following day.

The only people who will know I am in labour is my parents and our friend having DS1. My parents will be coming over to take him back to theirs so they need to know.

As for phoning people... last time once I was stitched up etc we phoned our parents, grand parents etc.

This time I will only be phoning the parents. My nan is being a nightmare at the moment and I don't want her to ruin our happy time after the birth again.

Then my parents will bring DS1 to the hospital, he will be first to meet his brother, then they can see him, my younger brother will come as well as he lives with my parents. No one else is welcome to the hospital.

Then after I will make the choice as to when people will see baby, I am not having everyone here, they all turned up the minute I got home with DS1 and it was far too much! Some of my family wont be seeing him until we next go to my parents, it was all to much stress last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->