When is too early to think about names..?

WrinklyMummy

Reaction score
As the title suggests, really. With our other three we usually waited until we were past the 12-week mark, but this time around I'm just 6/7 weeks and have accidentally clicked on a link (from this site!🙄) for baby names, and now I've started writing up a little list! 😱

I don't see anything wrong with that 😁

We're not even trying yet, and I already have a list of names, haha. So, I think you're good :)

I had a complete list of names by the time I was 13. XD

My daughter was named before we were even trying to conceive.

I like thinking about names and we aren't even sure about future children.

It's funny though because our daughters name was none that we even thought of before we were expecting.

Oh phew, that's good to hear! I guess there's an irrational part of me that thinks it will jinx the pregnancy... I'm high-risk anyway and haven't even allowed myself to get excited yet (except on rare occasions when I allow myself to dream of the baby actually being here)....I should do really, as if the worst happens then at least I'll have experienced the joy of being pregnant again, but I'm so anxious that my subconscious won't let me!

Never too early! I just started TTC in August and I've been looking at baby name books for years! Lol

I've had names in mind before we were even trying. Sadly me and DH have VERY different taste in names, and he's already shot down my favourite boys name. I'm now to scared to raise the issue again as I'm terrified of 'losing' my favourite girls name too! I know I need to man up a bit and deal with it but it's hard when you can't agree! Xx

Never! I start looking at names as soon as I find out I'm pregnant.. heck, that's a lie. I'm always looking at names, pregnant or not. I am constantly compiling a list of names that I'd love to use. :) I think you're just fine to be looking at names. ON the plus side, I do some serious name shopping throughout first trimesters just to keep my mind busy and help those early weeks fly by! :)

Never too early! I already had my girl named when I was 14, then 7 years later I found out I was having a girl and named her of the name I wanted since I was 14 hehe

Deucemom, I liked Jude but it wasn't only shot down, but laughed at as if it was rediculous! My favourite girls names are 1. Imogen & 2. Erin (but not together as I have a family name to use as middle name). (Before I met DH I always wanted to use Lilia but there is already a child in DH family with that name so that's a no go!)

Never, I had names picked out years in advance from about 12 years of age, they did change of course but still ..
Ds's name was picked from dd2 in the event we ever had a boy, only took 8 years to be able to use it lol :)

I've had names picked for several years and I'm only just pregnant with my first now. lol

Deucemom, yes it was frustrating but I never expected the name to be an easy one. He has two children already and was so adamant that they'd have unique names that he actually made the eldists name up!! She often gets called the wrong thing by other people as they don't understand how it's correctly pronounced and to be honest I don't like it at all!! I often feel a bit, well, judged when I'm calling her over in public as people naturally assume I'm her mum and her name was my choice!!
The name he originally suggested was Xavier. I don't mind it, but I can't quite picture it for my baby. Also I just hear 'Dr Xavier' in my head (from X men). He also likes Nixon, which again I don't dislike, just not sure if I like it enough!
We haven't discussed girls names yet. It's going to be a long road!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->