when shall i induce the 2nd meal

violet 73

mum to 4, 3 boys & 1 girl
Reaction score
jack currently has 5 bottles a day untill 8.30pm but a week ago i induced a quarter of a rusk at his 5.30pm feed he loves his rusk , how long shall i give it till i induce his 2nd meal which would be baby rice at breakfast time ? & once he is having 2 meals shall i drop a bottle to 4 instead of 5 ? violet x

I'm not sure what you drop in terms of milk but I've done this - our babies are similar in age.

Usually she feeds when she wakes (7.30ish) and again between 9 and half past. I started by giving her baby rice about 9 am before she got too hungry. She seemed to last until her next feed which is about 11. Then she feeds in her usual pattern and when she would feed at about 5 ish I've started giving her some tea (veg) at about 4.30. She did have a feed after this to start with but now she's having a bit more to eat she seems to have replaced that feed with the solids too.

I dont think there are any rules - just see how it pans out I guess.

wow..

my feeds are..

bottle at 730am -240mls

bottle at 1130/12pm - 180mls

bottle at 4pm - 180mls

bottle at 730pm - 180mls

and then he sleeps thru..

I'm only doing 4 feeds, although thats all he takes, seems like its not enough when i read everyone elses...

If he's gaining weight, getting wet and dirty nappies and seems happy, dont pay too much attention to what other babies are doing ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->