When should baby be turning?

L

LilMiss_91

I'm just wondering if there's a time that (first) babies ought to start turning to be head down? My lil'un has been breech at every scan, every mw appt and every Dr's appt. He's usually transverse with his head on one side and his feet up under the opposite rib. He kicks and punches a lot (ow!) but hardly rolls and moves around apart from to change sides. I'm starting to worry he's just gonna get too comfy and decide he wants to stay like that! I know there's technically still time but shouldn't he be going head down by now? Even just temporarily and then turning again?

There's still plenty of time for baby to turn, I think like 37 weeks? Or even after that, there's some things you can try too, there's a site called spinning babies I think, they show you how to try and move the baby into head down, x

There's still plenty of time for baby to turn, I think like 37 weeks? Or even after that, there's some things you can try too, there's a site called spinning babies I think, they show you how to try and move the baby into head down, x

Thankyou :) I'm not usually such a worrier about these things but the only part about giving birth that scares me is having to have a load of interference lol. I'll check out the site you mentioned in case I need it later! :flower: x

My baby was also breech right til 35 weeks. Babies can even turn at 39-40 weeks if they are small and lots of water surrounding them.
Mines head down but even now she moves about from side to side the tinker!!!

I think they usually say not to worry until 36 weeks, but as pp mentioned, you can try different techniques on the spinningbabies website.

Mine was breech up until week 35ish, then she turned on her own. You still have plenty of time! :)

My babe was turned at my 34 week appointment.... 2 weeks before that she was breeched, and my doctor did not seem concerned at all.

You have lots of time!

I'm 32 weeks & baby just turned head down. My others didn't go until 34-36 weeks.

At my growth scan at 32+6 she was head down but I have a feeling she has turned on her side again. Hopefully my MW will be able to tell at my appointment tomorrow.

My first baby was breech for a while but had turned by my induction at 36+5. I'm sure you have plenty of time yet :flower:

My doc says a baby will ideally be head-down by 32 weeks, but up until 35 weeks she won't stress too much over a breech baby. My first baby was 34 weeks when he started to flip, was oblique at 35 weeks (and was measuring 37+ weeks!), and then got into the right position from there and engaged at 35 1/2 weeks. I used SpinningBabies techniques to get him there. With this baby, I did the SpinningBabies stuff (inversion and all fours positions) to get him from breech to head-down at 30 weeks, and he's stayed down and engaged at 32 weeks. I feel much better this time, without stressing about the baby possibly not being able to flip. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->