When should I worry?

walker9376

Reaction score
It's been a year now that my fiance and I have been trying to conceive. I take prenatals daily, track basal body temperature, cervical mucus, and more...I'm very meticulous and precise! I WANT this baby. I'm wondering if my longing for a little one is turning my impatience into fear, but I can help but wonder if its time to see if something is wrong with me. Does anyone have some insight to give me?
Thanks!! :)

Most doctors will agree to start some testing after a year of TTC. It may be time to get some blood tests and start with that.
That being said, it is normal to take longer than a year so don't despair! Do you ovulate regularly? Do you have lots of cervical mucous? How has your BD timing been?
There might be some supplements that could help.

I regret leaving it 2 years t get checked with my first. Ppl just kept saying dont stress & it will happen. Yea right! Lol anyway aftr 2 yrs we decided its time t get checkd & were told couldv come after 1 year. Anyway all the tests took over a year. Dh tests he only had the one that took over a month & cane bk mine, i hd to get mine done, bloods on day 19,20& 21, checkd tubes etc all in all took bout a year frm initial appointment. Thy discovered tubes were fine but only thng thy found was i was ovulating but levels were low so put me on clomid 50mg for 6 months, nothing happened, then said we wil put u on 100mg for anothr 6 months & if nothing happens iui is next option. Anyway so 11th month is wen i conceived aftr joining ttc forums & realising clomid dreies up cm so ordered preseed & startd epo t increase cm anyway it wrkd that last cycle!
My point being took 2 years in total frm first inotial appointment & prob was minor. So mke that appointment. I knw can b scary but i wish i hadnt wasted time worrying. Good luck hun & hope u get ur baby. X

I wrestled with this same question. Technically September 2012 was when we started NTNP and then when that hadn't produced a BFP we started actually trying (OPKs, timed intercourse, etc.) in February 2013. By December 2013 I was just devastated. I should mention here that both hubs and I are very healthy, have normal BMIs, don't smoke, don't drink that much, eat a relatively healthy diet, etc. My cycles were textbook regular and ovulation was always textbook predictable. When I started my period on Christmas Day (Merry Fing Christmas) I had a little breakdown and my husband made the executive decision that we were going to call and inquire about testing when we got home. I always had a gut feeling that it would be difficult for me to get pregnant, but I never guessed that after 19 months I wouldn't have a BFP. Fast forward to March 7th. All tests were complete and we went in to meet with the RE to discuss the results and were completely blindsided. Hubs' semen analysis was perfect in all areas but my results were unexpected. Without going into all of the details, I have the ovaries of a woman who is is 15 years older than I am (I'm 32) and my chances of getting pregnant without IVF are almost nonexistent and my chances of getting pregnant with IVF aren't that great either.

So what I'm saying is get tested sooner rather than later. Trust your gut. I hope I didn't scare you with my story, and I really am an anomaly, so I'm sure your results won't be nearly as bad as mine, but I think you owe it to yourself to get answers. Even if the answer is "we can't find a reason that you're not pregnant already," at least you will know that it's possible, and that will put your mind at ease.

Fingers crossed for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->