When to drop milk feeds

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
lo is 11 months and has 4 bottles one quite early about 4/5am, mid morning and mid afternoon then at bedtime with 3 meals in between. approx. 1 9oz and 3 7 ish oz

I tried to cut out the mid morning one and he had 11oz at 4pm and 5oz at 7pm so I think he still needs it

should I carry on with 4 bottles until he drops it ??

Yep, just carry on until he doesn't want it anymore. You might start moving in the direction of offering morning and afternoon snacks if you feel you can squeeze some more food in during the day. Usually those snacks eventually come to replace milk feeds and when my daughter dropped her mid-morning milk for instance we started offering a snack around the same time, plus her milk. Eventually (this was closer to a year) she would eat plenty at snack time and be full up and not show any interest in milk and would be happy until lunchtime. It just happened on it's own once her eating picked up. That said, she was on 3 cups of milk a day until probably 13-14 months or so, then just when she got up and before bed. The morning one dropped on its own at around 15 months, as she started to be so full after that she wouldn't eat breakfast, so we went straight to breakfast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->