When to fill birth tub?

Feronia

Reaction score
I have my birth tub inflated already, but I've been in prodromal labour for about a week and a half now. :( I've thought that I've been in labour about 3 times now, including last night where I was having painful contractions every 4 minutes for hours; they woke me up a few times in the night, but went away by morning.

My question is: when do I fill the tub then? How long do they generally take to fill? :wacko: I'm afraid that I won't know when I'm really in labour and then it'll be too late to use it!

Thanks!

Hey,

I think OH and the midwife started to full mine when i was around 7cms approx. I just had a bath until it was ready, i think it took just over an hour to fill. I dont know how long i was in the pool exactly but i'd say it was around an hour and a half and then the baby was born.

Good luck, hope it all goes to plan! x

You could have a practice run to time the fill up then have a lovely big bath in your loungeroom. How long it takes to fill depends upon your pool and your water pressure.

Thanks! :)

Another question: are there some sure ways to keep the water hot in case we fill it up too soon? (We don't have a heater.) Would draping some plastic shower curtains over it work for a while?

We just topped it up with kettle of boiling water which worked fine.

I would start to fill once you know you're in real labor, and usually you'll know :) I filled mine pretty early on, but it was my second baby so assumed he'd come pretty fast. But he didn't. However, my pool stayed really warm because I covered it double layer with tarp. I filled it at 7 am and didn't get in until 9 pm.

I would start to fill once you know you're in real labor, and usually you'll know :) I filled mine pretty early on, but it was my second baby so assumed he'd come pretty fast. But he didn't. However, my pool stayed really warm because I covered it double layer with tarp. I filled it at 7 am and didn't get in until 9 pm.

Ooh, wow your tub stayed warm for a while! That's good to know!
I'm just so afraid of not knowing because of this blasted prodromal labour! I've been having regular, strong contractions all day but I really doubt it's anything. :dohh: I assume they'll get more intense or something and then I'll just know -- fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->