When to go from a few spoonfuls to more?

Nats21

Reaction score
Hiya. Maisies doing alright with her weaning so far, shes eating it well but isnt to fussed yet whilst shes eating it. Shes having a few spoonfuls at lunchtime everyday, so far shes had baby rice and carrot, we're moving to apple tomorrow.

I was just wondering when it goes from them having a few spoonfuls to them having a small bowlful. I can't remember with Callum when he moved onto more. Thanks xx

We pretty much moved to a small bowlful once DS was eating enough that could even be worth placing into a bowl :)

I would say that as soon as she is happy to take more and doesn't seem to be bothered by it (too much tummy upset or constipation, etc.). I would just go with what she wants, but also if you plan to feed her as much as she likes, I'd also start to move in the direction of offering more variety, so that she doesn't end up eating a massive bowl of just apple or banana or something, as it can be quite sugary. Maybe try carrot and apple (together or one after the other) or plain yogurt and apple once she's able to have dairy, etc.

Well we tried the apple today and it was quite a success! She had about 10 spoonfuls so that was good.

MindUtopia - Yeah I have made a variety of different foods but just wanted to check shes fine with single foods first. I've got carrot, sweet potato and parsnip and apple and pear in freezer pots so will try that once I've offered a few other foods to her

Thanks girls xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->