When to go to the doctors?

whatmegsaid

Reaction score
Hi!

This is my first pregnancy and have only recently found out.. (digital test says 1-2 weeks, nurse says 5 weeks). When should I phone to book a doctors appointment, and what should I say? Do I tell the receptionist I'm pregnant or what?:wacko: I don't want to phone to be told it's too early..?

I am 4 weeks today and I booked my doctors appointment on Monday when I found out, I have my appointment next Monday :) just tell them you are pregnant and need to be booked in :)

I rang my gp and he said to make an appointment for about a weeks time (I guess to rule out chemical pregnancy) I found out at 3+2 and decided ill go to docs at 5 weeks. They don't really do anything this early anyway just a blood test to check your iron and vaccinations and get a referral for my 6 week scan.

hopefulforfirst time how did you get your dating scan so early :) xxx

Aww congrats! Id do it as soon as possible, but you may not see the MW until 8+ weeks xx

I'm planning on phoning 8/9 weeks to be booked in with a midwife. She is only at our docs one afternoon a week. Then after that 12 week scan won't seem that far off.

I booked in with the midwife on Christmas Eve at 8 weeks

Xx

I really should get to phoning the midwife at some point.

OP, every area is very different in how you access maternity services. The area I'm in I don't even need to see the doctor, but where I used to live you had to see the doctors to get referred to the midwife.

I really should get to phoning the midwife at some point.

OP, every area is very different in how you access maternity services. The area I'm in I don't even need to see the doctor, but where I used to live you had to see the doctors to get referred to the midwife.

I think technically that's what I should do but last time with dd3 I just rang the surgery and was like look I'm pregnant can you just book me a mw appointment. There is no point in seeing the doctor cos they won't re test to confirm or do bloods or do anything apart from tell you to see a mw (in the uk that is)

Yeah, didn't think I would get booked with the midwife so soon.. Just want a doctors appointment to put my mind at rest ha! Will try and book an appointment tomorrow :)

My doctor had me come in for a dating scan at 6+3, after that the next appt is a nuchal scan at 11+1.

I was very awkward but I called my GP the monday after i found out (on a saturday) and told the receptionist "Hi! I just took a home pregnancy test and I'm pregnant!! What do I do??" And she gave me a list of OB/GYNs and had me make an appointment with one of them.

I was very awkward but I called my GP the monday after i found out (on a saturday) and told the receptionist "Hi! I just took a home pregnancy test and I'm pregnant!! What do I do??" And she gave me a list of OB/GYNs and had me make an appointment with one of them.

lol, I'm sure they get this all the time xx

Congratulations! This will be my first too!

I called my gp and was told they don't want to see you if you're pregnant and that you have to self refer to a midwife. I was given a phone number which rang out three times on Tuesday and a website address which asks for your name, address, phone number, dob and bmi...

Have I been lead up the garden path? Maybe I should call and get booked in with the gp properly?

X

Congratulations, this is my first too! Got my bfp on friday.

I assumed that I would make a docs appointment and go from there, but I was told to self refer too. I haven't had much luck with the phone number or the text line; with which I can't help feeling that I have given my name and number to a completely random service.

X

Where are you located blossome? Maybe it's an area thing?

I must admit I don't feel very confident with the nhs after my experience so far... I'm nervous about their ability to look after me, and I don't really like to feel like that about something I'm going to be putting all my trust in at some point.....

Will you let me know how you get on?

I'm wondering if I should just book a gp appointment anyway?

X

We don't even have to call..... its just a text to the midwife.

Give it a couple of years and it will just be a case off tweeting/facebooking the midwife!

We don't even have to call..... its just a text to the midwife.

Give it a couple of years and it will just be a case off tweeting/facebooking the midwife!

Wow! And yes, I expect you're right about the future! X

hopefulforfirst time how did you get your dating scan so early :) xxx

Well he said just over 6 wks, last time I was 6+4, due to pcos I don't know know far along I'd be, ill be getting it done at 7 weeks so hoping they'll say I'm a few days ahead!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->