When to start using a birthing ball?

suffolksazzle

Reaction score
Evening ladies,

I've had pretty bad backache for the last few days and find it uncomfortable to sit on hard(ish) surfaces so the OH got me a yoga ball to sit on. It's really comfy and helps my back but I'm concerned all the bouncing about will do more harm than good. I don't want to bring on labour yet, bouncing on the ball at 29 weeks is alright ya?!

Thanks x

I doubt it will do any harm. I'm getting mine this weekend.

If it helps with the pain don't stop!

Back ache is the worst x

bouncing on the ball won't bring on labour its self. its more to help with the labour pains I think.

But if you youtube birthing ball exercises it will give you an idea on what will help, bouncing doesn't really help rotating from side to side, or like you are hula hooping should help ease the pain, will also help baby down into the right position. As for when to use it I used it from about 25 weeks last time because my pelvis was so sore. This time I haven't pumped it up yet :haha:

Ah good thanks! I kinda like it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 17
I've been bouncing for weeks! Attempting to turn a breech. We spent an hour up & down yesterday. If your comfy on it, enjoy it :thumbup:

I asked the same question yesterday. Apparently it can do no harm so bounce away. Ive been on mine all days as i find it helps with my sod as im not getting as stiff!

What size did you get? I have a 65 cm one and I think it's too little.

I have no idea on the size TBH, my OH got it. He pumped it right up and I couldnt sit on it because it was too high so we had to let a load of air out on it so I could touch the floor with my feet lol.

I sat on my ball from 12 weeks! It was the most comfortable thing to sit on and really helped me keep moving during pregnancy.
You need to make sure you get the "right" size - I have stupidly long legs, so had to get a larger one. I just got a yoga ball from decathlon though (make sure it's a "no burst" one). I used it during labour too, and still use it now at work as it tones up the core muscles a treat!

I've just been recommended to get one by the midwife to ease back pain and to help turn madam if she doesn't turn herself. Midwife said there's no risk of her coming early by using it and it'll work wonders for toning up post birth!

Bounce away! :yipee:

Whoop! Roll on home time then so I can get bouncing, this office chair is a nightmare!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->