When to start using sleeping bags

caz_hills

Reaction score
Hi,

I wondered when people started using sleeping bags? Obviously the ones for 0-6 months. They have a max weight on them (18lbs) but no minimum. My daughter is 9 lbs 7 Oz at last weight in.

My daughter is only three and a half weeks old so it feels too early but I wanted to ask!

Currently we just use cellular blankets x

I started using them on my daughter at about 2 weeks, I think from what I can remember, the ones I had from Asda said not suitable for children under 8lb 8.

The actual gro bag sleeping bags have a minimum weight written in the inside label. The ones we had said from 8lb 8. We used ours from birth.

I started from birth (when we got home from hospital). She was born 8lb 11oz (but was smaller when we brought her home because she lost a lot of weight from birth). We used a small Halo Sleepsack

We used them from around a month old with my first baby and from birth with my second baby.

From birth!

Around about the 3 week mark-she kept kicking off the blanket!

We swaddled using the Woombie until he could roll and then used grobags so about 4 months I think.

I swaddled for 3 months then switched to a sleeping bag.

I just started using one for my baby girl, shes 8wks, the label says not to use on babies weighing under 8lb! She was 7lb 14oz at birth, now she weighs 10lb 12oz! I have to say, she hates blankets & always kicked them off but now she sleeps sooooo much better :thumbup: i probs wouldve used them sooner but its been really warm & i didnt want her getting too hot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->