when to stop to swaddle them

mickey

Reaction score
I read you should stop to swaddle them (in a wrap when they sleep) when they are three month old.

when did you stop to swaddle yours?

as far I still swaddle Juleika and when she wants her arms free she gets them out there anyway somehow!

When Bethanie gets in a state, I still semi swaddle her and it works a charm. I say semi, because she gets her arms free having a tantrum, but limiting her movement a bit seems to settle her. I think you should do what you think.

I swaddled Lily when I was at hospital and the MW shouted at me and said I was under no terms allowed to swaddle her as it will interfer (sp) with her growth and posture :(

Needless to say I swaddle her now at home its the only way I can get her to settle sometimes.

xx

Blimey! ^

The swaddling was suggested to us!!

BTW did you shout at her back in reminder to mind her own darn business!

We have swaddled Caitlin a few times when shes in a tizzy but we've not done it very much.

I swaddled Lily when I was at hospital and the MW shouted at me and said I was under no terms allowed to swaddle her as it will interfer (sp) with her growth and posture :(

Needless to say I swaddle her now at home its the only way I can get her to settle sometimes.

xx

LOL, there seems to be so much different opinions around 'bout babies.

I saw the swaddling first time when the mw in hospital swaddled Juleika!

it is the same with our pouch sling!
when you go out with the baby in the sling you get so many different comments, from like, can the baby breathe, is it comfortable in there, it needs so be able to move, is there a baby in there, I thought it is a handbag to were did you get this sling from, LOL

all those people who think the cosiness in the sling and when swaddling them makes them uncomfortable, what do they think how spacy it was inside the womb???

tbh I think those people never had children before and therefore don't have a clue at all!!!

Off topic - is that a new avatar pic Mickey - shes soooo gorgeoussss!

We bought a carrier my OH said he didn't want or woudl use a sling.

Off topic - is that a new avatar pic Mickey - shes soooo gorgeoussss!

yes it's new, thx :hi:

We bought a carrier my OH said he didn't want or woudl use a sling.

OH is very proud 'bout the looks he earns when carrying Juleika in the sling, expecially those from the female part of the population ;)

I was in shock as the nursery nurse the night before swaddled her and it was the only 2hours sleep in a row I got. My mum was there when she said it and as soon as the MW walked out my mum said ignore her she talking out her arse lol. If my mum wasnt there though I wouldnt have known it was ok to do. I got told specifically how to do lots of things in hospital think its because Im young and shy :blush:

xx

I swaddle Lucy every single night in her cot, and done the same with Rebecca. It makes my daughters feel more secure and settle quicker.

Each to their own, but I would go with your instinct, and what your baby likes/settles with.

xx

I still swaddle Noah at night! They swaddled him in the hospital but then when I came home the midwife said not to but I couldn't settle him unless he was swaddled!

I am worried about how and when to stop!?

We swaddled Charlotte until she was a few weeks old... can't really remember but maybe 6 weeks ish. We used to do it if she wouldn't settle herself down. Tom we maybe swaddled a couple of times but he didn't seem to need it.

She just seemed to grow out of it as we'd put her down without and then only swaddle her if she didn't sleep.

Lil Baby Boo maybe you could try half swaddling Noah and leave his arms free as a way of cutting it down?

My lil girl never liked swaddling from the beginning. She has to have her arms free or else it's war LOL. I say your lil bub will let you know what he/she likes.

Simon was swaddled from day 1 and we were taught by the nurses. He always went right to sleep that way. He is now 6 months and sleeps without being swaddled but its still our little cuddling routine for bedtime. We "unwrap" him when putting him in his bed. We do this while he drowsing off but still awake and we've had no problems with bedtiome ever. Not once. I guess he feels secure. The nurse told us preemies get comfort this way. Now it's just a cuddle...

We swaddled Mia until she was about 4 months old! Like previous have said she felt secure and it was a sign that bedtime had come and she's always slept through the night ever since she got home from hospital.

We stopped because she was getting bigger and we just sensed that it was a good time to stop as when she slept during the afternoon she spread out her whole body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->