When to tell my daughter?

Bumblebeee

Mum to one & having fun!
Reaction score
Just wondering when everyone is planning on telling their children (if you haven't already) that you are expecting? I have my dating scan on the 18th at 12+1 (my birthday! Hopefully all will be well [-o<) but I would like to hold off longer than that before I tell my 6 year old, mainly because I am a bag of nerves and keep expecting something to go wrong, she asks me constantly for a little brother or sister so I know she'll cope fine but I'm just scared in general I suppose x

All being well with this one I plan to tell my 6 year old twins after my 12 week scan. They knew I was pregnant last time as they were there when we found out and although it was difficult for them to understand when we explained the baby didn’t grow properly, they were a little upset but overall got over it pretty quickly. But this time round I’d like to get passed that point. I think it’s a very personal thing and you’ll know the right time x

I had a scan at just over 9 weeks and i told my children after that scan. Well i actually didnt i was gonna wait untill after my 13 week dating scan but when i showed my bother the picture of the 9+2 scan he said thats ure little brother and sister. So the cat was out the bag lol.

It's so hard to know what to do for the best isn't it?! I know that ultimately it is a decision that only me and my husband can make but I'm just curious as to what everyone else is thinking. I have had 2 scans already and an appointment as I am consultant led due to a few factors (fertility treatment, LTTTC over 4 years, 2 losses last year, DVT in the family and to top it off, a nice big umbilical hernia #-o) but I have managed to get away so far with her believing that I'm having to go to the hospital for my hernia checks. I definitely want to wait until the 6 weeks holiday so she doesn't go in to school telling everyone (too many busy body school mums) but that's only the day after my scan. I'm just so anxious I don't think I'll ever find the right time, I'm just going to make her up a box of big sister stuff and when it's finished, then I'll give it to her, whenever that is x

My eldest is 7 and I told her the day I found out, literally she is my best friend and I can't keep any secrets from her! My son is 5 I think I held off and told him until i was around 8 weeks ish

I have a 7 year old and i have my 12 week scan next week. We have decided we are going to get an early gender scan at 15/16 weeks and tell him after that scan. That way I am past the worrying too much stage, we already know its a little brother or sister, and its a little less waiting for him. Everyone will have different times they will tell their children so just do what feels right for you x

It has been so hard to keep it secret from my girl, there's been so many times I've nearly slipped up! She's my little bestie too and I tell her everything but at the moment I'm just trying to keep it from her just until I feel a bit more relaxed and less paranoid, I'm hoping the 12 week scan will help with that although I know I will always be a bit on edge because it's a scary time! I love the idea of the early gender scan, it won't work for me though as I would like to have a surprise again like we did with my girl. I have said though that it will all depend on how she copes with it, if she'd be able to adjust to the idea better by knowing whether she's getting a sister or a brother then I would find out x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->