When to try for number 2??

kimmyjane84

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to hear your thoughts...

Our son was born (by emergency C-Section) on 15 December 2008. My hubby wants to start trying as soon as possible for another child, but we've sort of decided to wait 6 months before trying (June/July)...

However, although we've been using condoms since Harry was born (and I've been breastfeeding), there have been a couple of times when we haven't used protection!!

How long do you think we should wait before trying for number 2? I know everyone has different opinions, so just wanted a bit of advice.

Kim x

We're waiting til our little miss is 1.
We wanted them close together but not toooo close xx

A friend of mine is trying again after 5 months and another friend is expecting her second child now and there will be a gap of 20 months between her two.

Still unsure of how I stand with work etc if I go back in July and I'm already pregnant!!

Yeah Im not sure how that works and if you would get maternity pay again?!?
I would definitely look that up.
I havent gone back to work so I wont get maternity pay for my next little one :( I guess you need to weigh up the pros and cons for you xxx

I read somewhere that your body takes about 18mos after birthing to recover fully, so I always assumed I'd wait until baby #1 was 18mos before I'd chuck the birth control again and start seeing about baby #2. ^__^

I read somewhere that your body takes about 18mos after birthing to recover fully, so I always assumed I'd wait until baby #1 was 18mos before I'd chuck the birth control again and start seeing about baby #2. ^__^

Yeah, I've been told that you shouldn't have 2 births within 12 months of each other... Need to check if that's different for C-Sections though.

It's not just the actual birth your body needs to recover from, it's the pregnancy too. For example, stores of certain nutrients are used up and need to be built up again. Personally I think waiting six months is a nice minimum.

We'll be waiting until Aaron is about 18 months because he is so much fun at the moment and I want to enjoy the summer with him. I quite liked the idea of having them closer in age but just didn't think I'd cope, I've already put our TTC date back 3 times! I'm sure you'll know when you're ready.

I think if I'd had a c-section, I'd have waited a little longer each time before we TTC'd again. I got pregnant with #2 when #1 was 9 months old and then pregnant with #3 when #2 was 3 months old.

It's personal preferance though, what works for one wont work for another.

Well hubby has just been told that he has no job as of tomorrow, so unless his job sittuation changes we will be waiting a little longer than planned...

I'm starting to think that if I'm back to work in July for 3 days, then have the summer hols off, we might wait until I'm back to work full-time (September) to try again... That way, even if we were to get caught in September (I know, it's never going to happen) there will be a 18 month gap between Harry and his younger brother/sister.

I had Kathryn via c-section in september, and if we had the money I'd wait untill she was 3 (so she would be in preschool, I don't think I can handle 2 little ones all day long). We are looking at adoption for our 2nd though, a child that is at least 6 months old though (it wont happen for at least 3 years though)

Hi when I had my daughter by C-section I was told to not have another till after a year from the last birth to make sure the you are healed properly.

How the job situation changes soon tho hun.
:hug:
xxx

we want another one, infact i am excited about it already.

were gonna try oct/nov so i can get back into work fully and also so that little one will be around 18 months when we have #2.

i want to have them close together - then we are having a break and in a few years another couple.

do what feels right - we were going to try in july - but holding off now, but could change my mind next month - us ladies are never happy with just one decision.

Well hubby is still out of work and my hours have now been cut from 30 to 17.5 when I go back to work :( So looks like we will either be waiting to try a little longer or not at all :(

I also waited due to the 18 month recommendation. Pregnancy took a toll on my body though, so I just wasn't ready yet. Our daughter is 21 months now, and we're waiting until she turns two in June to start trying again. Hopefully she will be close to 3 when baby #2 makes his/her appearance! A lot of people like the 3 year gap between kids, too. I think it will be close enough together to not feel like such a huge gap, but far enough away that I can potty train #1 first!

Slow down! Talk to your doctor. You went through an abdominal surgery. You need to make sure your body has had enough time to heal. You don't want to risk rupture because healing isn't complete. Healing inside takes longer than the skin outside!!

we want to start trying for number 2 before Riley's 1.. but it will depend on when my bodys ready i guess... i had a c-section to..

good luck with everything :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->