When will I get my bump gosh darn it?!

MEPride

Reaction score
Nearly 15 weeks and I'm still in this weird phase of looking like I'm gaining weight but no bump. I want my bump gosh darn it! So I can say 'why yes, I am pregnant! Not fat?' Okay.... well I'm not fat but certainly about 5 pounds heavier than pre-pregnancy.

When did you all get your bumps?

I feel like my bump is just starting to happen. Even now, I'm still wearing normal clothing and it's not particularly noticeable in your average looser fitting shirt. But I feel like I'm just on the verge of having something unmistakable.

We'll get there!

Took me to about 20 weeks to finally have something round! This is my first so i know it takes longer.

somewhere between 24 and 26 weeks with daughter. I had gained about 20lbs, but was underweight before getting pregnant so people kept commenting about how good I looked (was too skinny before) LOL nobody suspected a pregnancy as I waited until 24 weeks to tell family and friends.

Wow! I didn't realize it could be that late! Amazing! A couple friends of mine had their first babies about a year ago and they said they had popped by 15 weeks. All my coworkers keeping looking at my belly expecting a bump!! 😆

20 weeks for me! And honestly overnight! Went to bed with a chubby looking stomach and woke up with a neat little bump! I was glad as it was Christmas time and I was beginning to just look like I'd been overindulging!

I'm 19 weeks today and still look normal. If anything there's a questionable beer gut and like I've had too many chicken nuggets (which I probably have haha). I've only put on 1kg too.

Hahaha! Too many chicken nuggets. It's been too much mac and cheese for me!! I do notice the 'pudgy look' increases by the end of the day but overall... nada!

My coworker showed me a picture of a female triathlete today. Beginning of first trimester vs end of third trimester. Oh boy, HUGE difference! Skinny and trim and fit vs all belly bump and huge! My coworker said she expected me to be that way, hahaha. We shall see!

With my first, I could tell close to 20 weeks, but it wasn't obvious to everyone else that I was pregnant until 25+ weeks...I'm pretty tall though, which may have had something to do with it. I had always thought I'd get a bump way earlier than I did!

I'm still only in the first tri and haven't even found out if things are well, yet, but I really, really want a baby belly RIGHT NOW. I started looking up other people's pregnancy pictures by month/weeks on Google and I was feeling pretty good about possibly showing by 15 weeks...

But now I'm thinking that's wishful thinking. :(

Also, I'm 40ish pounds overweight, so that's probably going to mess me up a bit, too. It could have been worse, though, I lost 20 lbs before getting pregnant.

Haha I've pretty much lived on mac and cheese and chicken nuggets. Sometimes my tummy looks round but other times it doesn't. Hopefully it'll become obvious for us soon.

Also, I think you (MEPride) use to chat on the Clomid buddies thread (or maybe it was somewhere else) but there's a thread in the first trimester board for those conceived on Clomid, feel free to join :)

Hey chrissie, I think being tall makes our bumps pop out later. I'm 5'9 and have quite a long torso. My uterus was measuring way higher earlier on and my midwife said my bump is growing up and then out.

Like many women here, with my first, my lower abdomen rounded a bit around 21 weeks, but wasn't a proper mini-bump till around 25 weeks. Even then, you had to know me to know it was a bump. I would say people couldn't mistake me for pregnant around 26/27 weeks?

Second baby was slightly sooner. Again, only rounding at 20 weeks or so (there are pictures of me at 21 weeks looking basically normal), but after that, it did pop quicker and I would say you couldn't mistake that bump by 24/25 weeks.

This time, I'm nearly 15 weeks and have definitely put on weight more than with the others - not sure why, my diet hasn't changed too drastically, so I think it must be that my metabolism has changed - and I am very bloated in the evenings, but there's still no proper bump in sight. I won't expect it till after 20 weeks again, even though this is my third. I think it depends very much on your torso length. I have a really long torso, which I feel stops a bump from forming too early. I also worked out heavily in the year before getting pregnant this time and that increased muscle control might stop an early bump too.

Just got a bump now and im 22 weeks tomorrow with baby number 2... 15 weeks is still very early...this was me at 16 weeks.

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member