When you suddenly realise you were a bit naive...

becstar

Sleep is for the weak
Reaction score
When I was pg I ordered loads of preloved nappies and rarely were the descriptions very detailed... now I read the sale thread on here and feel a bit gutted that I was so clueless, because nappies that I assumed came with inserts didn't and others were in worse condition than I imagined. Everyone on here is fair and honest about it!

Buyer beware I guess!!

I've seen some of that on CNT, things like Blueberries arriving without inserts and the seller all indignant saying if it's not stated in the ad that it comes with an insert then it doesn't :wacko: It's so much safer buying from people you know!

yeah i got a couple of nappies on cnt and they have more wear on them than the pic showed, musta been an old stash pic!!! she insisted they were less than a moth so wouldnt haggle much!

I have some preloved nappies from CNT that came with the elastic pretty much shot, but they'd been so cheap (like £2 or so) I was ok with it and used them anyway (found that a fitted with crap elastic still works fine with a decent wrap). I honestly have some nappies that I don't have the brass neck to sell on, in fact I'd feel bad giving them away! They might make good floor cloths...

Definitely buyer beware. When I was starting out, it wouldn't have occured to me to ask about stains, elastic, the state of the aplix, etc.

All that said, I got some really lovely nappies preloved, but the best didn't come from CNT, they were from Used Nappy Co.

I'm so glad that I've only ever bought preloved from here as I talk to you girls regularly so I feel like I can trust you all much more than somewhere like CNT :lol: I still havent had the guts to go over there and buy anything ... maybe I will one day, but for now, I'll stick with here!

Yeah same i'd much prefer to buy preloved from here. I also hear that people have gifted payments on CNT and never recieved the nappy. its awful x

Yea my 2st load of nappies i ever bought were on cnt and none came with inserts!When i sell i say the condition and if they have inserts or not.

I have some old tatty nappies which i use for painting with logan! Means we dont get paint on anything decent!

i did that too... CNT just does not seem very hayley-friendly!

my 1st purchase never showed, ended in PP dispute.
my 2nd purchase arrived and was completely battered and had an odd smell about it...with no fricken insert.
my 3rd purchase i kindly gifted, no effing nappy.

so, i RARELY even log on to CNT, let alone buy from there. :growlmad: i much prefer the ladies on here.

Erin... no VHC Nappy :cry: im gonna ask Postie on monday x

I've had a few from CNT without any probs, but I agree - I am much happier to get them from here.

I've clearly been lucky, I've bought from cnt about 10ish times and never had problems, all nappies have turned up in good condition, in reasonable time, with everything stated or asked about.
Mind you, I always pay fees over there just in case where as I'm more likely to gift the payments to the ladies on here.

Thankfully I've found a Aussie site for preloved so I don't have to keep paying the additional postage out to aust unless I see something super special that I just HAVE to have! :haha:

yeah, once i started buying form here i realised I'd been paying over the odds for some things on cnt or receiving things in poorer nick than realised, and not querying it because i would just trust people and blame myself! hah!
Although there are some things I couldnt shift on here, so I guess cnt would be my next stop, anyone sold on usednappies?

Ive bought from usednappies but not sold hun :D

I've bought and sold on usednappies. Good experiences.

I've clearly been lucky, I've bought from cnt about 10ish times and never had problems, all nappies have turned up in good condition, in reasonable time, with everything stated or asked about.
Mind you, I always pay fees over there just in case where as I'm more likely to gift the payments to the ladies on here.

Thankfully I've found a Aussie site for preloved so I don't have to keep paying the additional postage out to aust unless I see something super special that I just HAVE to have! :haha:

there's a facebook group that looked quite busy, have you found that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->