When your babies awake?

nessajane

Reaction score
Hi girls,

When youre LOs are awake do you cuddle them most of the time or do you sit them in their bouncers etc??

Reason i ask is beacause generally when tyler is awake hes always with me having cuddles or we play on my lap etc... now when i put him in his bouncer or sit him on the settee he cries untill i pick him back up again!!

I try to let him cry it out as i know theres nothing wrong with him but i cant help but pick him back up if he doesnt settle so im going around in circles :dohh:

Any advice on how to stop him being so clingy? xx

At that age I don't think you can. Honestly I spent the first 3.5 months of Hannah's life holding her, even for daytime naps. Now though she plays in her exersaucer/jumperoo on the floor most times.

We do both and Byron can be equally content or unsettled in my arms as in his rocker or bouncy chair depending on his mood. I've usually little patience to let him cry in his chair as I figure he is getting starved of attention or just bored if I've been busy. We spend a lot of time cuddling and playing there. He likes to be held up to look around the room. DH used to let him cry until he judged him too upset then he'd pick Byron up and calm him and pop him back in the chair and found he would then usually be more settled.

I like carrying him about and cuddling if I've the leisure to do so. We bond!

As he gets older, and more independent he'll grow out of it.

When Niamh is awake she is generally lying on y knees, or I sit with my knees up and rest her against them. So I'm not exactly cuddling her, but she'd close enough to me to play with her. This is actually her favorite way to lie, and if I cuddle her in the crook of my arm she gets annoyed. :)

dont get me wrong i love spending time with tyler and cuddling him and rafwife i also lay tyler up like that on him kness so he can have a good look around etc.. he seems to like it too!! but today for instance he hasnt let me put him down at all untill now and hes sleeping.

He's probably in a bit of a clingy stage. Lola was the same but now she will mostly be in her bumbo, jumperoo, on her playmat and such things and kisses and snuggles come in between :)

I think they have days when they want cuddles more than others, Harry will have times when he wants cuddles and will cry until hes picked up but then other times he is really fidgety and grumpy being carried and cuddled and only settles when hes put down in his cosy thing hes got.
He must be having a 'mummy' day today and wants lots of snuggles, its a great excuse to not do any housework though!!!! x

Yep could be one of those days. I found that whenever Hannah's tummy was bothering her she was more clingy than other days. But really she didn't leave my arms much the first few months :rofl: You wouldn't know it now though most times she hates being cuddled unless she is sleepy

Logan and i have cuddles and playing after his first morning feed before he goes to sleep and then i try to put him in his bouncer as i do the housework but i move him room to room with me !

Most of the time though i end up picking him back up. Some days it feels like i never put him down lol !!

it depends on the day in our house, some days she wants all my attention and i have her on my knee or beside me all day long and others she will go on her play mat or in her bouncer

Lou
xxx

i would say as maddi's got older she now spends more time in her jumperoo/bumbo/activity station/walker/playmat etc, we still have lots of cuddles, though she used to love her bouncy chair when she was younger, still use it, but not as much. i think honey its probably his age, if it was me i would probably pop him down in his chair so he could see me, that way he gets used to it, it is hard when they're like that :hugs: x

jack was a lap baby until he learnt to sit up and crawl. now when hes awake he crawls around getting in to mischief x

I will put Alfie in his bouncer or on his mat if i need to do something but he spends most of his time in my arms as i still think he's only young and needs lots of cuddles, todays the first day i have tried him in his cot for a nap and he cried a little but then went down for 30 mins :)

I held max all the time until he reached 4 months old and started playing with toys :)

I put her in her swing (but I think she's gettin bored of it now,lol) and WAS her bouncer until I broke it,wups! I've got her a playgym today,but she only lay under it for 10mins today,lol. I put her on the couch alot in my V pillow,she loves watching everything around her. And when I need to hang our clothes away, I put her on my bed in my V pillow and play my music, she goes to sleep everytime! Haha.........And cuddles,she get's plenty of them,but I'm not always holding her. I don't want her getting attatched lol. :)

I agree that I find it quite difficult to do very much other than cuddle Isabelle when she is not sleeping during the day - and it is getting more difficult as she is awake most of the day now!
I do love cuddling her - but it is difficult trying to do anything else!

I try and put her in her bouncy chair and lie her on her play gym mat - but she only likes to stay in them for about 10mins before she has had enough and cries until I pick her up.

I think I will try the suggestion of sitting her in a V pillow on the sofa etc so she can watch me as I do things!

I am sure as our LO's get more alert, their concentration span will be longer and they'll be happy in a bouncy chair, playing with toys etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->