When

xKimx

Mummy :)
Reaction score
When do babys start holding there head up ? just i bought ciaran a bebopod but he wont sit right:S hes 14 weeks :p

Aparently some boys are lazy. Caitlyn can almost sit up on her own if I stick a pillow behind her bum and she holds onto my thumbs, but my friends 9 month old little boy would much rather be laid out on the floor.. :rofl:

Hello! My son started holding his head up (without assistance) around the 4 month mark. Just for some perspective, he was quite small at birth and remained in the very low percentiles for height and weight. So...his development may have been a bit behind other boys. But, he did do it. And, once he did, he enjoyed sitting in the bumbo/bebepod seat.

FYI - he sat up on his own (with no assistance from me) on his 6-month birthday. Just a little something for you to look forward too.

kira has been holding her head on her own for a about a month and a half, but she still can't sit in her bumbo for long without leaning forward, so it does take time hun

I think it really depends on the baby. Hannah is able to lift her head now (and has pretty good control--has since she was first born).

Colton has been holding up his head since about 2.5 months.
The seat has more to do with their back muscles though. Colton still cannot properly sit in his.. or he just likes to lean forward :dohh:
I dont put him in it that often though, maybe once a week. :blush:

Seth has always been pretty good with his head. He's always been able to hold it up for a couple of seconds but it's got better the past week or so and he can almost sit upright on his own with it if he holds my thumbs. All babies are different though! We also put him on his tummy to play quite a lot which apparentoly helps their neck strength.

xxx

i think brendan was about 6 weeks when he started holding his head up, was still wobbly though lol!! all children are different though, brendan was sittin at 5 months and walkin at just 11 months, and my friends little girl is nearly 11 months and she isnt even sittin or crawling, all babies do things at different times xx

callum didnt start holding his head up properly until 4 months, whereas nicole could just about do it straightaway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->