Where can I find nice cot bedding in the UK?

hanni

Reaction score
Why does everywhere that sells cot bedding only have shades of blue/pink &cream?!

Does anyone know anywhere that sells things that aren't just blue and aren't ridiculously expensive?

Mamas and papas have some lovely stuff, but I'm not willing to pay £32 for 2 sheets!

Help please ladies!

I found that we didn't need cot bedding as such, I cut and stitched cot bed sized flat sheets for the cot in colours that I liked out of sale double sheets but you could just buy single sheets in colours you like. He had a few nice blankets that we mainly used for out in the pram, we just used a grow bag for him til he was over 2 and we took the side off.
Then I just got a cot size duvet and 2 covers in patterns that I liked.
xx

Ive been looking at Asda.
Its where ive got most of lo's things from and its cheap so if it gets ruined its no hardship to just throw it away after :)
And theyve got a sale on at the moment!

Just had a wee look and tesco have some unisex stuff some are cheap some aren't so I would do what I always do when shopping and search from low to high :haha: that way you don't see the more expensive stuff and end up getting your heart set in one of them! :haha:

Oh also Argos atm have a Clair de Lune "cute as a button" bedding set that was £39.99 and now it's only £12.99 :flower:

I found when I was pregnant with Kian though that it worked out cheaper getting a pack of a few sheets and a few blankets too, the bumper we got was pointless tbh because it only covered the top of the cot and everyone knows you put baby at the bottom of the cot so Kian never wriggled his way up enough to ever bump his head off the top haha so it was really a waste of money tbh and also we got like a very thin duvet thingy (don't know what it's actually called haha) with the cot set with bumper too and he always just kicked that off so it was a waste too! The only things that where really used where the mattress sheets and the blankets and also the baby sleeping bags we got Kian LOVED them! :flower:

I don't have a cot I have a moses basket but while looking i saw some lovely bedding in places like Asda, Tesco and strangely B&M stores!!

Ive been gifted some very nice sets but ones I've brought have had to be cheaper as we all know, babys are expensive :haha:

Hope these places have what your looking for huni, another tip is to buy white bedding and if your feeling brave, dye it yourself :hugs:
(I've tired this, but im terrible at washing :haha: thank god my OH is more domesticated than me!!)

Love the idea about just using Normal sheets! I had thought about making my own bumpers but it would mean asking my aunty if I could borrow her sewing machine and shes not too keen on lending it out.
I was looking for some nice bright Teal colours and some grey stars or stripes but can't find anything. Amazon sell exactly what I've got in mind but it's like £300! Crazy.

I've looked online on asda, had my eye on one I liked for ages and bloody typical as soon as I go to buy it they were out of stock! 😧 going to make a trip to the closest asda home store and see if they have any left.

Ooo I love a good sale! I'll have a look in argos, thank you
I hadn't even thought to look at sleeping bags tbh. Going to look now!

I keep finding lovely ones online then realise they're in the US. 😧

I don't have a cot I have a moses basket but while looking i saw some lovely bedding in places like Asda, Tesco and strangely B&M stores!!

Ive been gifted some very nice sets but ones I've brought have had to be cheaper as we all know, babys are expensive :haha:

Hope these places have what your looking for huni, another tip is to buy white bedding and if your feeling brave, dye it yourself :hugs:
(I've tired this, but im terrible at washing :haha: thank god my OH is more domesticated than me!!)

Oo b&m! Hadn't thought to look there.
That's a good idea, I hadn't thought to do that either. I don't mind it being plain, just really sick of the sight of baby blue and it's all everywhere seams to have 😣

You could of course use any fabric/duvet if you are handy with the sewing machine.
Did you check eBay, Amazon, etc?

We loved our grow bag ones, they're expensive compared to other brands but they washed and lasted the best and still enough life in them for this one.

I don't think cot bumpers are recommended for use anymore (silly that they still sell them really)

Xx

https://www.love2sleep.co.uk/epages/BT4480.mobile/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4480/Products/"COT+BED+FITTED+SHEET+70+X+140+CM/+SUPERIOR+SOFT+BLEND+NATURAL+COTTON/+TEAL"&Locale=en_GB

https://www.vertbaudet.co.uk/baby-bedroom-bedding-fitted-sheets.htm

I made my own fitted sheets out of purple jersey fabric as we have a cotbed and I struggled to find any sheets the right size.

For the Moses basket I just bought a load of pillowcases. So easy to change at night when covered in sick or poo. Just pop the mattress inside the pillowcase and your done. Loads of colours and dirt cheap.

I made my own fitted sheets out of purple jersey fabric as we have a cotbed and I struggled to find any sheets the right size.

For the Moses basket I just bought a load of pillowcases. So easy to change at night when covered in sick or poo. Just pop the mattress inside the pillowcase and your done. Loads of colours and dirt cheap.

I love this idea!!
We also never had bedding sets. I found sleeping bags so much more practical as they don't get kicked off and when they moved into a cot bed we just used cut up old single sheets with the sleeping bags. Neither of mine has pillows or duvets until they moved into a proper bed. Cot bumpers aren't really considered safe I didn't think.

Precious little ones

clair de lune

amazon

Worth a look. I got clair de lune xx

Etsy, Amazon, Kiddicare.

I never even thought about using pillow cases. Where were you ladies a few months ago?! Haha

I love the idea about the pillow cases as sheets! Might do that with my moses basket as it's bright white.

What about those cot bumpers which wrap around the individual bars? Are they just as dangerous. Might try and make some of those when he's a bit bigger if he bumps his head a lot.

I love the clair De lune stuff! I've got a lovely white moses basket that's clair de lune but I can't seam to find any bedding in any other colours then blue, pink or cream :(

I think I'm just gunna cut up a nice patterned single sheet, then use a sleeping bag and coloured blankets. I suppose he'll be in his moses basket for a few weeks so I don't have to worry about it just yet.

Thank you for your suggestions and help ladies! ❤😊

Why does everywhere that sells cot bedding only have shades of blue/pink &cream?!

Does anyone know anywhere that sells things that aren't just blue and aren't ridiculously expensive?

Mamas and papas have some lovely stuff, but I'm not willing to pay £32 for 2 sheets!

Help please ladies!

I got neutral cot sheets and moses basket sheets from Asda as they may well get ruined!

I then got a cot bale from Mothercare for the other bits

It's really hard not finding expensive stuff in most baby type store

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"