where did my milk go?

amurray

Reaction score
so the last couple of days i feel like my supply has really dropped.. i tried to start pumping again in order to freeze milk as well but can only pump MAYBE 2 ounces at a time.... It has probably been at least a month since I pumped regularly but i could get like 5 or 6 ounces at a time from one breast. My boobs just seem deflated... for lack of a better word. The baby doesn't seem like she is starving though but I am worried that my supply is going away. My daughter is not quite 4 months old yet and still wakes once at night to feed.

Anyone else experience this? Or have tips to increase supply?:nope:

I've been BF my first for four months as well (so I'm no expert) I bet your body is just getting more efficient (for lack of a better word) and producing less excess. 5-6 ounces from one boob is a lot of milk… way more than you probably needed. If baby is happy, gaining weight and having 5-6 wet diapers a day you're fine. Call the pediatrician for a weight check if your really concerned, but I bet your body is just settling in!

I can not pump, unless I pump every day. When I was pumping once a day I could pump a full feed. But as soon as I miss a couple days I can barely get an ounce. And although I have no supply issue with baby, even after pumping an ounce I can not feed him after!! No idea why??? So now I never pump.

thanks!! makes me feel better to know i am not alone... i guess i will keep pumping maybe once a day just to stock up a little freezer supply for the times when someone else may be watching her. maybe after a while ill be able to pump more:flower:

I was invited to a friends birthday party, and she wrote it was adults only, I can't go because there is no way I can get enough milk to leave my son!

I have been bf for almost 16 months. It seems to me that your body has regulated itself to produce just enough to feed your LO. Which is great!! No more leakage and breastpads!! Lol. However, if you want to pump to increase your supply be careful because if you stop pumping every couple of hours you go back to being engorged. Uncomfortable and well, risking blocked ducts and all of that crazy
fun stuff :). Also if you want to increase supply look up a recipe for lactation cookies, eat oatmeal and drink a ton of water. :)
I personally gave up pumping since my little guy never took to the bottle well and i could only pump 2 oz from both sides total per twenty min session. It just wasnt worth it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->