where do I start?

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
Well it's almost that time...for Hannah to be weaned. She's been eating cereals for a while now and has had the odd jar of food.

This is her schedule right now

8-9 bottle (4-6 ounces)
12ish bottle (4-6 ounces)
3-4 bottle (4-6 ounces)
5:30-6 oatmeal cereal, as much as she wants
10-10:30 bottle (4-6 ounces)
2-5 bottle (4-6 ounces)

I'd love to get rid of that mid-night bottle of course but haven't quite gotten there.

Anyways at what times would you introduce foods? and before or after bottles?

Should add that Hannah's not a big milk drinker, can usually only manage 24 ounces a day unless she's hit a growth spurt

oh and when do you start introducing other liquids, water and such? so far all Hannah's had is formula

Ok Chloe started a week ago. started with some cereal after her teatime bottle like Hannah, she now has

8am bottle 8oz
9am cereal
12 noon bottle 8oz
4pm bottle 8oz
5pm dinner (veg or something)
8pm bottle 8oz

I started her on some weak juice in a handled cup with her dinner today, took a while but she got the hang of it- only had a few sips though. I dont think liquids is an issue just yet.

Its all so confussing isnt it, I dont feel like Ir really know what to do for the best but Chloe seems settled at the moment and I guess thats as good an indicator as any that things are going ok

My doctor told me Jasmine can have as much water as she wants and she is 10weeks.

not sure if i am 'weaing' ali properly but i am going by the leaflets the Health Visitor gave me.

basically

7am - bottle of milk
10am - bottle of milk
12pm - offer some pureed fruit or veg (gradually increasing amount) - followed by some more milk
3pm - bottle of milk
5pm - offer some pureed fruit or veg (again increasing the amount)

then after that i make bottles as he wants them. milk intake varies greatly on a daily basis so it is hard to tell you the amount. i also offer him cooled boiled water to drink.

i am increasing the amounts of food daily. i started off at about 4 baby teaspoonfuls and he is now he rather big bowls. i am offering him different types of fruit/veg and have given him porridge and cereal which he loved.

hope this helps!

Christine
XXX

I put his food after his milk (approx an hr) and I'm not worrying about his fluid intake. I think it's only after 6 months you have to get them drinking water if they seem hydrated enough without it. I've given Alasdair some water in a sippy cup a couple of times. He takes it, but I don't think he's thirsty enough to take any decent amount of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->