Where is AF!!!

Mrs P5515

Reaction score
:witch:

Ok, so I know this may be very premature but I stopped my pill 13th August (I've always been regular 29 day cycles even down to it being 10am on the day!) I had hoped to see AF by 17th August and still nothing.......

Any advice??

Thanks in advance :flower:

I guess just wait? If you haven't had AF by the end of August you could go see your doctor and get reassured it is nothing...I hope AF shows up and you can get on with tracking your cycles.

Thanks xstitcher - I'm taking your advice and going to buy my first cross stitch later today. I'm hoping it may keep my mind off babies and waiting for AF for more than 10mins - I'll let you know how it goes xx

Hello!

Sending you big hugs, know how frustrating it can be. I've just come off the pill too and from previous experience sometimes these things can take a little time for your body to get all the hormones out of your system. It will defo happen - probably when you least expect it so be prepared ;) but yes you can always go to the Dr if it's over a month.

xxx

It'll prob happen the day you make your appointment...or whilst you're in the waiting room!!

Haha ScarlettP!! I'm trying to be relaxed about it but it's officially 2 weeks today.DH is very chilled about it which does have a calming effect on me. I've woken up this morning with super sore boos (which I had totally forgotten about) so fingers crossed :thumbup:

Oooh fingers crossed then it's soon and you'll be out of limbo!

I swear my body has been trying ovulate for almost two weeks now since I came of the pill, it's driving me mad. I wish it would either do it, or I'd just get my AF too

:S

Look at us, in a couple of months we'll be hoping for no AF at all! xxx

Oh fingers crossed ScarlettP!!
It all feels such a funny waiting game at this stage, feeling like your taking tiny steps forward and then hitting a wall with more waiting grrr. It's my best friends birthday on Monday, she's currently 7months pregnant and my other friends are 5 months and almost 7 months so I know by the end of Monday my broodiness will have reached it's peak and I'll be hideous again lol xx

Oh no, hope you still have a nice time celebrating with your friend, despite being surrounded by so many bumps! I know what you mean, pretty much all my friends who were pregnant when I was with my first are preggers again... one has already had another and is planning #3. And then you have everyone asking you, "when are you going to start trying..." and that puts the pressure on before you've even begun! Are you ttc in the New Year? xx

It certainly sounds like were in the same boat with all the questions!! Me and DH have been together coming up 9 years and most of our friends are now on #3!! So we are constantly questioned 'when are you starting', 'you need to hurry up and catch up'. It will be lovely to all be together on Monday but I know it'll certainly come up.

We plan to start in December, I've always loved the idea of a September baby. I know are chances are soooo slim but we had to pick a time to start and with being off work for a few weeks I hope being relaxed may help. Due to my health we've both had fertility test and DH scores were super so I think in his head it'll happen as soon as we try, I keep telling him he needs to adjust his expectations but it'll be so special and exciting to actually finally be trying and not waiting :happydance:

What about you?

You should tell them all you're just planning on getting a dog instead and see if that makes them back of a little ;) that's good that you've had tests already so you know everything is ok, I think just knowing that can take the pressure off a little. Won't be long til December, this weather is so rubbish atm it feels like autumn already doesn't it?! Have you been tracking your cycles or are you going to have a more relaxed approach?

Hubby and I had agreed New Year - which to me is Jan! But he seemed unsure again when we talked about it the other night :cry: but I guess until the pill is out of my system and I know I'm ovulating, there's no point in bringing it up again. Life has been so crazy for us since we had our daughter that I know why he feels the way he does, I'm just trying to make sure things are less mental for us atm to also help change his mind!!

Good luck for Mon :flower:

Ha Ha ScarlettP I am already a proud mummy to 2 fur babies, one of which is my beautiful Siberian husky who I utterly dote on and will talk about her with friends as if she's a person :dohh:

It has taken the pressure off in terms off knowing that physical we should be able to conceive when we decide to try, but I can't say I'm feeling chilled about it at all at the moment. I hadn't planned on tracking my cycles (mostly because I don't understand what and how to do it lol) I have however, learnt more about CM since being on here (again not planned hehe) that's made me feel a little better as I certainly had EWCM on Wednesday so hopefully a good sign that things are getting back on track.

It has felt like autumn recently hasn't it, it's been shocking where I live we had a months worth of rain in 6 hours and lots of localised flooding. I'm not minding it too much this year though as like you say it just means that December is edging nearer.

Oh hugs in terms of your convo with the hubby I think New Year can technically mean any time after Christmas day :happydance: Hoping AF finds you soon xx

Mrs P,

how did Monday go? Hope it wasn't too difficult with all your preggers friends.

Has AF arrived yet? Still cramping here but no O, but had a dip in my chart yesterday so really hoping today or tomorrow!

xxx

Hi ScarlettP,

No AF still and it's utterly driving me crazy!! 3 weeks and 3 days now. I know stressing is only likely to delay things further but I can't help it. I've had a terrible week at work which is only adding to things and it's not looking likely to get any better any time soon so I def need to pull myself together and find a way of making it work for me so I can be more relaxed. I have had 1 symptom which had been sore breasts, super painful feeling full and tingly, I'm taking paracetamol and wearing my sports bra and hoping it means that AF is almost here. Monday was lovely, as you suggested I said we're thinking of getting another dog - totally avoided all the difficult questions and got to indulge in all their pregnancies.

Any news on O? xx

Hello!

Sorry I didn't see your original message! Yes the weather has been shocking here as well, defo making me think of autumn...and Christmas!!

Sorry to hear you've had a rubbish week at work, has it improved this week?

Ha yes I've found out way too much about CM from this site!! Has AF arrived now? Hope you're feeling better.

Good to hear that the Bank Hol went well and you didn't have to answer loads of difficult questions. I'm struggling atm as am sure one of the girls I was preggers with is preggers again (she's stopped drinking coffee) and another had her second yesterday. I know it is really silly, but am feeling like I'm being left behind.

No O marked on my chart as yet but think it may have happened, hoping it will be confirmed tomorrow when I take my temp again. It's a bit tricky as on a Wed and Thurs I have to get up extra early for work so have to take temp about an hour earlier than the rest of the week and FF doesn't really like that (cos really it should be about the same time every day)... urgh the waiting is already driving me mad and I'm not even on the ttc train yet!

Hope you have a better week at work xxx

Hi ScarlettP,

Unfortunately work has not improved :nope: we have had a new manager start (doesn't help the last one we had was a legend been in the profession over 40 years) and the new one is an utter ice queen causing lots of issues in the team and doesn't seem to have a lot of heart or compassion for the work we do which really grates on me. She hasn't been confirmed as permanent so I'm keeping my fingers crossed she's only with us for a while or I could see us loosing a lot of great experienced people. I really love my job and what I do so it's just impacted me on a much bigger scale than I imagined it would :cry:.

I am very pleased to announce that AF arrived Tuesday morning and I couldn't be happier that my body is working!!!

Not silly at all in regards to your friends and how your feeling I think it's completely reasonable. Nothing worse when your waiting and seeing everyone (so it feels) get pregnant and thinking WHEN IS IT MY TURN ?!?! - I completely sympathise.

Any news on O? Hard with your work schedule too, what is it that you do? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->