Where to buy school uniform?

CaptainMummy

Reaction score
Where is the best places to buy uniform? Paiges school is grey, so it will be dark grey pinafores/skirts/tights and white shirts.

And school shoes, is Clarks the best choice?

Does anywhere do offers over the summer?

Cant believe she is starting school, argh!

We got most of ours from Tesco and the bits with the school badge on from the uniform shop in the local town. The Tesco polo shirts haven't washed all that well though so I think I might get those from M&S next time. We got the checked summer dresses from M&S. Our school has a second hand uniform shop which I wish I had known about last year. I have picked up lots of bits for DS who starts this September. All items are 50p and I've got him two pairs of trousers, a jumper and his PE kit already.

The school should have a 2nd hand shop and a recommendation for the school badge bits (we have a cardigan, polo shirts and PE shirt (all of this was more expensive but has lasted 2 years so far). I went 5-6 in these as the polo shirts being big could be disguised by the pinafores and have lasted a lot longer.

For the rest any supermarkert will do we bought pinafores, skirts, summer dresses and some lightweight cardigans. Socks tights and PE shorts. We went Sainsburys but that is just because its our nearest one. I bought 4 when she started and have gone up to a 6-7 now due to growth. When she grows out I give anything that is still decent to the school (problem of having a boy to follow) but you could keep for the next one

For shoes Clarks are fine - we do our local start rite shop as I find them to fit DD feet better and last longer

I too went for supermarket own for most of it. In Reception they do a lot of painting, colouring and the likes and Earl comes home with pen/paint etc everywhere! lol The tesco polo shirts didn't wash too well, I agree, but I've bought more the next size up as they're £2.50 for 2 lol. I went for Marks and Spencers for his summer shorts as I thought these would be passed on to my other boys - trousers the knees get worn out in a term! lol.

Shoes, I bought from Shoe Zone in September as it was all I could afford and they lasted 1 term. I bought from Clarks in January and they're lasting well but I know that I'll need a new pair for September which is annoying lol. I am going to try somewhere like Barratts or Stead and Simpson I think as school shoes really take a battering.

I bought anything badged direct from school - only needed a book bag and jumpers. Jumpers were only £4 but the sizing is odd and Earl really needs the next size up already - bought 5-6 in September and the next size up is 7-8 :wacko: - so watch out for that. I only haven't bought some more because we're moving and after half term there's a chance he won't take a jumper anyway.

We got trousers, shorts and pe kit from asda and it's all lasted well. Ben has to wear logoed jumpers and tshirts so they came from the school wear shop.
As for shoes you can't beat Clarks! Same pair has lasted all year :)

I got most of ours from Next and Marks & Spencers, mainly because my daughter is very petite, we tried Asda but their stuff drowned her and found it really wide fitting. Her P.E kit the school sell and it's huge on her :lol:
Shoes I got from startrite, would of been Clarks but I got the startrite ones cheaper in a sale they had. We'll be getting a new pair for September and they'll more than likely be Clarks unless Startrite have a sale on again. Her trainers for P.E I got from Sports Direct

We always get clarks shoes (or kickers/hush puppies)

TESCO and Tu polos
And trousers as above

My eldest is off to secondary and cant use tesco now its cost an absolute fortune!

Thanks ladies. Tesco is the only supermarket in the town so goo. To hear they are good (dd has a pinafore from there that she wears to nursery and it has washed really well)
it is her first school visit tomorrow so they will tell us what she will need. Eek!

Tesco do an embroidery service so worth checking if your school is on it before paying out at a school wear shop. I buy uniform bits all the time in the supermarkets and markies. Shoes I got her first pair for starting school in a small independant shop (£40) because clarks couldn't fit her at all. She then wore boots from asda (£12) in winter and has just got new clarks (£38) shoes the other week, so all in all £90 on her feet for a school year.

We get everything from Asda. We have found them to be the best in in terms of wear & tear/washing etc. Also really cheap.

School jumpers, we have to either order online or can buy from a shop in town. These are £10 each.

School shoes, we go to Clarks. They are pricey but do last. All the pairs my boys have had, they have outgrown them before they have worn out. Whereas cheaper shoes seem to wear out first (we buy cheaper shoes for out of school use, trainers etc)

We get our shoes from Startrite.

School uniform I try and get as much from the school shop as possible. The quality is so much better. The attention to detail just sets them apart from supermarket stuff. Things like the summer dress having a tie so that I can bring the waist in-Esther is very skinny and all the supermarket ones just are too wide.
They school shop stuff washes so much better too-Esther's got dinner and paint etc in her clothes and all of it's come out of the stuff she has but I know others who bought from supermarkets have issues with them getting clean.
I get the odd thing like shirts from M&S as both of mine like short sleeved shirts and the school shop don't do any many of those.

Polos, trousers and even school shoes came from Asda here. Most logo stuff was handed down to me, but school has a second hand sale on a Wednesday morning as well as buying brand new. Josh's pe shorts I believe came from Sports Direct. Outerwear for pe also came from Asda x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->