Whew. Heartbeat.

LuckyW

Reaction score
We expected to see it last week, and didn't, but seems my bean does have a heartbeat. Quite the relief. For the moment.

I'm supposed to be 8 weeks along, but s/he's measuring 6.5. There's no mistaking when I ovulated (I was monitored), but apparently there is this fairly common phenomenon of "late implantation" that can throw expectations off.

Late implantation apparently explains why I got a bfn 14dpo and a bfp 17dpo.

Google results for "late implantation" yields a lot of bad news regarding viability, but my doc doesn't seem to think it indicates added risk at all.

I wish there were more information out there about it. All the pregnancy sites seem to indicate implantation takes place 6-12 dpo. BFN on 14 dpo, didn't work, better luck next time. But not so much!

Also my doc relayed a stat today which I found interesting.

Apparently the chances for miscarriage in women over 40 are 40% and remains at 40% through the first trimester whether a heartbeat is detected or no. (5% for younger women who make it to finding a heartbeat.)

Past the first trimester, the risk for 40+ women drops to 5%.

Apparently the chances for miscarriage in women over 40 are 40% and remains at 40% through the first trimester whether a heartbeat is detected or no. (5% for younger women who make it to finding a heartbeat.)

Wow, interesting. Congratulations on the heartbeat! That is SUCH wonderful news. :happydance:

Wow I did not know this - thx for info. Great news on the heartbeat though - stay positive :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->