Which cloth nappies do you use and why?

trish1200

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, while I was pregnant i did plan to use cloth, but mostly because of not having much space in my flat to dry them, I have been using eco disposables. After some replies to another thread i posted, from some ladies with limited space as well, i decided to give them a try:winkwink:

I'm looking for some recommendations please. Which cloth nappies do you use and why? :thumbup:

I use BumGenius Organics because I like the fact they are organic, they are AIO so incredibly easy to use and there are no other bits to them so take up very little space and are easy when out. We go out quite a lot and stay over with friends/family quite often so space is important for us. The only downside is they need to be tumble dried really, so while thats fine at home it is a bit awkward at someone elses house.

We use Pop Ins at night purely because they are so absorbant. No other reason.

:)

Edit: Also, I love that the BG AIOs have poppers, which means mine still look new after 5 months of heavy use. I never realised that it made such a difference in how they look as the velcro ones look old and fluffy after only a short while!

I use Itti Bittis, Bumgenius (v2 pockets and organics AIO), fuzzis and my 1 blueberry during the day. I chose all of these because they are so slimfitting (the BB just coz its so god damn cute :rofl:) and they are so easy to use.

For night i use Bamboozles, and i chose these 1, becuase they were a fba price and 2 , because of how absorbant they are :)

I use Little Lamb fitted in bamboo and cotton, BumGenius V3s, and bamboo terry flats. All the LLs were pre-loved, which I like because a) they had been washed many times and were already at the maximum absorbancy b) they were cheap and c) I like to recycle. The BumGenius were new; I got them because I was thinking to the future and thought a few birth to potty would be a good investment (the LLs are size 1 and go to 20lb, which for Adam is probably going to be approx 9 months old), plus they are more convenient for putting him in when changing away from home because once the insert is in they are like an all in one. The flats - I just wanted to try them and actually I love them because they were really cheap, I enjoy putting them on and they wash lovely - I might even buy a few more for when he's grown out of the LLs.

I am also going to try the Pop In, but I am getting really annoyed because I ordered one from an eBay shop and it never arrived and they never replied to my emails, so after 2.5 weeks I started a dispute and they refunded me immediately. Then I ordered one direct from Close Parent, a week ago, and it's never arrived either. Am wishing I'd just gone to Waitrose.

For my future stash I'm planning to get some size 2 bamboo LLs and wraps, try a BumGenius AIO and if the Pop In works, a couple more of those.

I use Bumgenius AIOs, Fuzzi Bunz, and Flips. I bought several brands to try as I'm new to cloth diapering and these are my favorites. The Fuzzi Bunz are my all-time favs because they dry super fast and are convenient. The Flips are pretty nice..they are a cover with a little insert that you just sit in and than just change out the insert at every diaper change(Flips aren't quite out in the UK yet though) and my Bumgenius AIO's are the most convenient out of them all but they do take forever to dry.(About an hour and a half in the dryer) They also have velcro to hold them together and I've read that this feature wears out quicker than snaps.. I would love to try blueberry's which I think will be my next diaper purchase. :thumbup:

i make my own nappies for during the day and am in the middle of making my own nightime ones too with bamboo but until they are done for nightime i use either my bamboo pop in with night booster, i have one bg aio that i use along with a bamboo terry nappy i bought off ebay, i just fold it up and put it inside under the built in soaker, then i use my daytime nappies i made with a plastic wrap over if i dont have any of them dry, or my motherease with a microfibre insert and a plastic wrap

x

x

Hi ladies, thank you for your replies. I've just bought 4 bumgenious v3, I'll give these a try first and should be getting some others to try soon. Money is tight at the moment, you know SMP is :cry:

I was keen on the AIO ones as I prefer natural products, but since they take long to dry they wont work for me. I don't have a dryer.

Keep the suggestions coming and please, also let mer know the ones that aren't good, that you have tried and didn't like. :thumbup:

Excellent to know, they'll probably be my next purchase then, thank you! :thumbup:

yerh i put mine on every night when i do my washing, they take maybe an hour on the radiators, but even if u put them on for half an hour then airdry them they are ready overnight :D

x

Yep, i dry my BG on the rad :D

Hm, might have to try this. Would mean putting my heating on though, which I hate! I also hate going out to the tumble dryer as it is in the shed though :dohh:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->