Which diaper do you think is best?

Stargazer33

Reaction score
Ill be 12weeks on Friday and I'm already thinking months forward in time. Diapers, formula (if needed), already ordered my breastpump which my insurance pay for:winkwink:

But I'm very interested to see what type of diapers are really good out there in the USA:winkwink: If you could tell me

1. Favorite diaper brand
2. Pros
3.cons
4. Price

It doesn't matter for me if it's diapers from Wal-Mart, Target, sometimes cheaper diapers could be as good as Pampers.

Let's get many opinions here, I really need help to find the one:winkwink:

Don't mind the poll section right now, I made a mistake and don't know how to fix it lol. I meant to ask about what your favorite diaper brand was?

Pampers are my favorite. They're the best, but they're scented. I use their Sensitive line on my newborns in the hospital, and they're great, but once you move from the Sensitive line, they do have a fragrance in them. I don't like that at all.

Huggies are second. Huggies are more strongly scented, in my opinion. They don't leak, but they fit my chubbier babies much better than my scrawnier two.

Up & Up is third, but still my go-to. Up & Up doesn't have fragrance, so your baby is more likely to smell like pee if left in a diaper too long. That doesn't bother me. My kids have extremely sensitive kids, and none of them reacted badly to Up & Up brand, probably due to the lack of fragrance. I bought Parents' Choice once in an emergency (lol), and they were fine, but Up & Up has always been the cheapest option. I will NOT spend more than 17 cents per diaper. I stock up in huge quantities when I find a good price. I have leftovers from each baby, which I could swap for a different size, but I do pretty well at keeping a baby in the house. lol

I never liked pampers primarily for the smell.. they were always so strongly scented it gave me a headache.
I do love huggies but only the swaddlers ones . .they are so soft and not too strongly scented.

Parents choice is my go to, soft (but not as soft as huggies) yet affordable for more than 1 in diapers. I haven't tried up and up brand but thanks to this thread I may just have to do that!! :haha:

Pampers are my favorite. I tried Huggies, but they leaked when dd was newborn stage and I never tried them again. Luvs worked okay for daytime use, but leaked when she started sleeping thru the night. Honest diapers leaked (also too expensive!) When she started sleeping overnight, the only ones I liked were Pampers Swaddlers. She's 3 and still sleeps in a Pampers overnight diaper with no issues. They do have an odor but it's never bothered me and no issues for daughter. I didn't try any other brands.

Cloth hands down! MUCH cheaper and easier than people think. Get one size and you wont have to rebuy or size up.

We use cloth but with disposables i found both my babies needed different diapers .

My oldest huggies or costco worked best . My youngest couldnt wear huggies and we used pampers

Pampers swaddlers for all my girls. Scent never bothered me. Huggies worked okay but didnt like the smell.

I'm not in the US but I would say don't stock up on them (same with formula), but if you want to offset the cost later on just save the money now to buy them when you need them. Until your baby arrives you won't really know what works best and it's a waste to stock up on something you won't be able to use. We went through 3 formulas and three diaper brands to find one that worked. Some leaked because different ones fit different body types better. Pampers smells like chemicals when it's wet which was disgusting. I'd say just save some money each month to draw on when you know what you want to buy. But in our case they cheaper store brand ones worked best and were about 1/3 the cost of Pampers or Huggies.

We used cloth with Dd from birth to 2.5 and with dd2 from birth to 8 months.. washing diapers for 2 kids got exhausting and I gave it up. Especially since they were both eating solids. It was cheaper but you can't beat the convenience of disposable :haha: and for my sanity I NEEDED to change and not spend all my freetime with nasty poopy diapers!
That said I always recommend cloth but not everyone can or will do it! It's definitely not for everyone!!

Huggies, parent choice, honest, luvs, in that order

We used cloth with Dd from birth to 2.5 and with dd2 from birth to 8 months.. washing diapers for 2 kids got exhausting and I gave it up. Especially since they were both eating solids. It was cheaper but you can't beat the convenience of disposable :haha: and for my sanity I NEEDED to change and not spend all my freetime with nasty poopy diapers!
That said I always recommend cloth but not everyone can or will do it! It's definitely not for everyone!!

People swear by special washing routines and detergents...

I flung out the poop and washed like normal clothes with normal detergent. I had 3 kids in dipes.

I use pampers swaddlers. Ds is 2.5 and I still use them as they go to size 6. I recently started using pampers swaddlers overnights and love those too. We've had like 2 blow outs this entire time. So really I find it worth it. I now use some store brand ones during the day but they have to be changed twice as often. But we are heading towards potty training so I'm trying not to stock pile.

I buy mine off amazon mom and find the price less than costco for the Huggies equivalent. A box typically lasts me a whole month. And they are delivered with his wipes so it's one less thing I have to worry about.

As another poster said be careful about stock piling. I discovered ds was allergic to Kirkland brand and had to return 9 boxes. And Huggies didn't fit him well so we had a huge box of nothing but leaks and frustration. I ended up giving half of them to my sister whose son does well with that brand.

I think Parents Choice is the best cheap brand. Most of the cheap ones I've tried felt as thin as baby and were not as absorbant. Also any little bit you can save on diapers really does help. Two of my babies were stomach sleepers and they would leak out of the front in the cheap diapers, even Parents Choice, so I used Huggies with them. For some reason my kids would break out in diaper rash with Pampers.

Honest Company, by far. Very rarely leak, good for the babies bodies. And the best part is how freakin cute they are! Second best is Huggies. Pampers are complete trash, especially once you get past the newborn size.

I do like honest company also, but the price puts me off :(

I'm not in the US but I would say don't stock up on them (same with formula), but if you want to offset the cost later on just save the money now to buy them when you need them. Until your baby arrives you won't really know what works best and it's a waste to stock up on something you won't be able to use. We went through 3 formulas and three diaper brands to find one that worked. Some leaked because different ones fit different body types better. Pampers smells like chemicals when it's wet which was disgusting. I'd say just save some money each month to draw on when you know what you want to buy. But in our case they cheaper store brand ones worked best and were about 1/3 the cost of Pampers or Huggies.

This i had a ton of huggies my second baby couldnt use i ended up having to give them away

I like pampers swaddlers the most for little ones but for my toddlers, Pampers Cruisers have been amazing. I've had heavy wetters and I've found these are the best for keeping everything in, even overnight.

Huggies overnights have worked pretty good too.

I can't use the cheaper brands though due to the heavy wetting and all three of my kids reacted to Luvs and Parent's Choice. They got terrible diaper rash every time I tried them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->