Which do you prefer?

Sinead

Reaction score
Aoife (pronounced Ee-fa) Reynold M.

or

Alexandra Reynold M. ????

(tried to post a poll, but don't know how :shrug:)

Update - poll worked!!!!

I like Alexandra, but only because, i'm irish and i always had a million Aoifes at school!
Other than that both lovely!

I voted for Alexandra. Not keen on Aoife

i def prefer alexandra, i think it is a lovely name x

Definitely Alexandra, and the nickname Alex is just adorable for a girl. :D

Aoife would spend half her life explaining how to spell or pronounce her name I think, especially if she moved abroad. To me it looks like "eeff"!

I do like Alexandra though, and theres lots more scope for nicknames there and its basically universally pronouncable

I think the spelling is too unobvious so I prefer alexandra

Hey Sinead,

Even in Ireland people still struggle with Aoife! I'm sure you've encountered a bit of that yourself with your name (I have a friend Sinead who constantly gets called Sin Head :wacko:).

I think it's a lovely name though and I much prefer it to Alexandra.

I think that if you have to explain how to pronounce a name, it's not the right one :)

I prefer the 1st one purely because i've never seen it before and its abit more unique :)

I think that if you have to explain how to pronounce a name, it's not the right one :)

I have to say I agree, for the kids sake. If a majority of the population would struggle, she'd have a hard time. Spelling mistakes on her documents, having to explain all the time, people saying it wrong, its both annoying and can dent a persons sense of identity, and really I think outside the small island of Ireland not many people could pronounce that without help at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->