Which is causing my supply to decrease? poll and advice

Mabv812

Reaction score
So I took out my iud 2 weeks ago because of recurring yeast infections. Then I started a combination birth control pill. I totally forgot that it may decrease supply.

Also I started a diet 3 days ago and I've seen my supply decrease dramatically since yesterday. I tried dieting a few months ago with the same problem. Except this time I'm making sure to eat 1700-1800 calories per day.

Now I'm unsure if my supply is going down because of the diet or the pills.....or both? Thoughts? My son is 6.5 months btw.

I say the pill.
I've gone on a very restrictive diet after each of my kids, and had an abundant supply.. I am currently on my 2nd week of hard core dieting, and dealing with oversupply issues. (I am in he normal bmi range, and do a low carb/Atkins/paleo type diet with pretty rapid weight loss)

As a test I was thinking about eating more today and seeing if my supply increases tonight. If not I can stop the pill tomorrow

I would think if you're drinking enough water then your diet wouldn't necessarily affect supply unless you were severely undernourished. The pill's hormones probably have something to do with it.

I am one of those people whose supply is seriously affected by diet. With my first I didn't consciously diet after but wasn't eating enough (about 2000cals a day). My supply crashed hard before he was 2 weeks old. Once I figured out the issue, it took a month of work to get my supply back and I had to work to keep it up. I haven't had that problem since and with my next 2 I make sure to eat 1/3 more than I usually would and drink lots. Everyone is different!

I would think the pill. While diet can sometimes cause a supply problem I don't think it's as common as the pill causing problems.

Yea it was def the pill. I increased my intake, but my milk still hasnt come back fully. :( I'll be transitioning to formula in a week or so.

The pill. I was put on the POP so my milk wouldn't be affected

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->