• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which of these do you prefer?

Fallacy

Soon to be mum of 2!
Reaction score
So DH and I have been set on Elena since we were pregnant with Micah. Our girl list has pretty much stayed the same since then.

Both Sophia and Elena are family names, as is the name Rose. But the popularity of Sophia bothers me a bit as I usually stay away from those. I just really like the name...

As for Holly, I've always liked the name, but with a Christmas baby (c section is the week of it), is that too much?

Middle names aren't set in stone either. So really just want general opinions! :thumbup:

I prefer Elena with Rose as the middle name :).

I have a Sophia, but I voted for Holly. I do love Sophia obviously but in some areas it's so common the name becomes banal. Holly is lovely and I don't think the Christmas thing matters. Usually people don't know each other's birthdays anyway, and if they do it's just a fun fact , not anything to avoid.

I have a Sophia, but I voted for Holly. I do love Sophia obviously but in some areas it's so common the name becomes banal. Holly is lovely and I don't think the Christmas thing matters. Usually people don't know each other's birthdays anyway, and if they do it's just a fun fact , not anything to avoid.

Honestly, this is one of the reasons we went with Micah last time. He was originally a Liam for the first 28 weeks of my pregnancy, but one day, DH and I visited an IKEA...and we heard not one...not two...but SEVEN kids called Liam within the hour we were there. We looked at each other and said nope. I'm scared of Sophia being the same...And thanks for the bit about Holly. I was hoping the Christmas thing wouldn't matter too much. :flower:

I agree with the other ladies. Elena Rose sounds so lovely! I do love Sofia Rose, but Sofia is becoming such a popular name.

Really sorry I clicked the wrong names. I like Elena Claire and Sophia Rose the best but accidentally caught Holly. Not that I don't like that name. I actually really like Elena Rose just to mix it up :winkwink:

I voted Sophia Rose but like the other ladies I like Elena Rose too

Is Elena pronounced like 'Eh-layne-ah' or like 'Ell-en-na'? I like the second and the first not so much that's all :)

My niece is Holly and she was born 15th dec, she's never had an issue with that, I think it's lovely x

Same as pps! I voted Sophia Rose as I like it best of your combos but I would go with Elena Rose.

Thanks for the opinions so far everyone. :flower: And to a pp, we pronounce it the first way, but my mom and a lot of my family use the second, and I honestly don't mind either way. I like the way both sound. :thumbup: I do like Elena Rose a lot - like I said, the middle names aren't set in stone. We just want to use one of them. Have to go over it with DH.

If pronounced Eh-lane-uh .. I think Elena Sophia is really pretty and feminine! Elena Rose is pretty too.

I voted for Elena - I think Elena Sophia is gorgeous! I also like Elena Rose.

I prefer the spellings Alayna, Alaina, Elaina (in that order)

I also love the name Holly!

I actually love the sound of Elena Sophia, but I worry with our last name, which has two more ah sounds in it, that it would be a bit of a mouthful.

Elena Sophia Abrigana?

:shrug:

As for spelling, I have a niece called Alauna (ah-lawn-ah) so I don't want them to look too sameish, and since we'll be using the nickname Ellie, the E spelling is nice. :thumbup:

Enjoying everyone's comments. Really helps. :hugs:

I love Elena Rose! I suggested Elena when we were pregnant with our Micah (team yellow) but we decided it was a bit close to my name (Helen)
I really like Elena Sophia too but I agree with your surname its a bit of a mouthful!

I love Elena Rose! I suggested Elena when we were pregnant with our Micah (team yellow) but we decided it was a bit close to my name (Helen)
I really like Elena Sophia too but I agree with your surname its a bit of a mouthful!

Guess we have great name taste! :haha: I really wish I had the willpower to stay team yellow, but with this being our last, I really want to know!

I LOVE the name Holly. I think it such a beautiful name, and I think it makes it even cuter that she will be born the week of Christmas!

I will agree that Sophia is highly overused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->