Which of these girls names? Please be honest, no matter how brutal :)

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
The three girl names I really like are:-

Ava
Lilah/Lyla
Maya/Maia (pronounced May-a)

Which one and which spelling?

Middle name options are:-
Iris
Antonia
Liliana/Lilianna

(All have family connections)
and the surname is Lee.

Thanks in advance :)

My favourite is Lilah, although I like all 3. I would use the spelling Maya for the last one to avoid confusion on how to pronounce it.
Like all 3 middle names too, think Antonia would be nice with Lilah.

I'm going to be awkward now.

I like Ava best - I taught an Ava and she was beautiful, intelligent and kind, so it has good connotations for me. However, it is currently really popular, so if that bothers you, steer clear.
Lilah/Lyla are both nice, no preference on spelling
Maya/Maia - are ok, but again, 'May' type names are pretty popular. I'd go for the first spelling because the second one reads 'Mye-ah' to me.

All of your middle names are nice but don't all flow equally well. I like Iris best but not sure it flows all that well with any of them. Antonia sounds a bit too posh with Ava, and Lyla Lilliana sounds a bit silly IMO.

My daughters name is Ava so of course I like that best but it is rising in popularity (it doesn't particularly bother me as I knew that when I chose the name)
Lilah is also a lovely name! I personally like it better spelt as 'lila'
I think ava lilliana goes well together

They are all nice but at least in the US Ava is very popular and Maya is becoming more so (prefer spelling Maya). I'm biased my DD is Lyla and I love it :)

I like all but but Antonia. I like Lilah best but Lilah Lee is a bit of a mouthful, Iris Lee sounds nice though.

I like all but but Antonia. I like Lilah best but Lilah Lee is a bit of a mouthful, Iris Lee sounds nice though.

Antonia is my least favourite too, but dh likes it as it's his mums name, so liked the idea of honouring her with middle name. I'd prefer one of the others as they are names from my side of family ;)

I think Liliana is by far the best

maya is second best

Thank you, It was my top name for ages, but everyone kept saying that it was too long. I think it's still very much a first name contender for me tbh, as it's a name I keep coming back to, and with our short Surname I think it works x

my favourite is Ava. although its hugely popular i really love the name its popular for a reason Ava antonia is nice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->