Which of these works best? *with handy poll*

pandabub

Reaction score
Hey all,

So we have pretty much decided on Georgia as a FN if this next baby turns out pink (boys are another matter entirely!) but still unsure about the middle name.

DD is Sienna Elizabeth; her middle name was taken from DH's side of the family. Therefore this time round we are looking at using a middle from my side. Options include:

Alice
Florence
Dorothy

My favourite of these is Alice, but I'm unsure about how it flows with Georgia. Thoughts? :flower:

Florence goes best I think x

Are there any single syllable family names you could use for middles? They might flow a little better and not sound so much like two first names? From your options, I like Georgia Alice the best, followed by Florence, and then Dorothy. I actually think they are all lovely names, I'm just not accustomed to hearing them as middle names

How about Georgia Marie, Georgia Lily Or Georgia Rose ??

I like Georgia Florence best. Alice is a beautiful name but I think after the -a ending of Georgia, it doesn't flow very well. I actually like that those aren't your typical middle names (and love the family connection!). I think as nice as some more popular middle names are, they can often feel like "fillers". Yours are all names with character and that have significance so I think any of them would be a great choice.

I like Georgia Ailice the best. Even though they both end with A I think it still flows because they use a different A sound.

Thanks for the replies!

I do feel that Georgia Alice has a bit of an awkward flow, but I just love both names so much - and would really love to be able to pass on a family name, particularly as it comes from my grandmother's side (she is pretty unwell and would be so appreciative of the recognition). Basically, Florence, Alice and Dorothy represent three generation of women on my maternal grandmother's side.

Would Alice Georgia be better? My own middle name is Frances (as is my mother's) but I have never particularly liked it, so ruled it out. :shrug:

In terms of other options (outside of family) I like Belle, Lily and Fearne. However, our surname is one syllable, so I tend to think that multiple syllables work better in terms of both first and middle names. DD1's name flows beautifully, and I was hoping to find a rhythm that matched, if at all possible.

Maybe I am overthinking this? Thanks again for all your helpful feedback!

Well im biased but Alice
Georgia is lovely! Also love Alice Florence, and Alice Frances

Like a pp I think Georgia Alice flows best because they both use the different sounds. I think it's a lovely name, sounds very traditional without seeming dated x

LOVE Georgia Florence!! I think it does flow a little better than Alice and it has the same rhythm/feel as your dds name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->