Which pram do you think & why? (inc poll)

D

DizzyMoo

Hi ladies i'm so stuck with prams it's unreal, I had my heart set on the silvercross 3d in vintage colour but then heard shed loads of bad reviews, Then i found a graco cleo in butterscotch & again bad reviews & i kinda like the xcursion in stone but the car seat doesn't go on the pram it goes on the chassis which really puts me off big time.
Does anyone have these prams or seen them or can give me any advice on them. ( i dont drive so a one to fit in boot not needed )
Poll is for which do you prefer...

https://www.mothercare.com/Silver-C...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-GRACO-CL...8|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1308|301:1|293:1|294:50

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

Why does teh car seat in teh chassis put you off?
We dont drive either and ive found it to be a god send having the car seat fit into the chassis as it doesnt take up so much room when getting taxis.

I really don't like the look, To me they just don't look protected or warm enough from the elements & all you see is metal chassis. Most travel systems i've seen the hood can cover over the car seat to protect against wind & sun etc , but the ones just on the chassis can't do that & do you get 2 seperate rain covers 1 for the pram & 1 for the car seat?xx

i really like the mothercare xcursion - i love car seats straight onto chassi - as our bugaboo does, and i like how it is parent facing too, as well as the handle bars extending as i really like that feature on our prams xx

I had to get a seperate raincover for the carseat but it was very cheap, most you get an apron to help keep them warm and a parasol fitted to the frame blocks the sun :D

I really don't like the look, To me they just don't look protected or warm enough from the elements & all you see is metal chassis. Most travel systems i've seen the hood can cover over the car seat to protect against wind & sun etc , but the ones just on the chassis can't do that & do you get 2 seperate rain covers 1 for the pram & 1 for the car seat?xx

yep you can, generally they came with your pram/travel system, and mothercare does this which seems to fit most car seats, like our maxi cosi x

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44343031&mcb=core

I love the mothercare xcursion one! I have a bugaboo chameleon and it looks like it does everything which that does! It's lovely to be able to look at your little one :)

The graco cleo is HUGE!!!!!

I wouldnt get it if you use transport alot, and make sure it will fit in your car!

I say the graco, one it comes with everything, plus i got a graco and i love mine, i got mine cos its a travel system and it came with everything didnt have to go and buy any extras, i dont drive but family and friends do so be easier when being driven around etc xxx

I picked the xcursion because its similar to my icandy cherry and i love it. Perfect and a dream to push!

ive bought the xcursion in black and its lovely to push!and i love the fact its parent facing,but also removes to face forward when baby is older.Cant wait to use it!

Cleo.
Silvercross reviews aint good
Mothercare - feck paying that price.

Oh thanks ladies .. i really do like the xcursion pram in both black & stone but other half wanted a paler pram hence the paler ones picked. seen as he isnt in the piccy i might get the black too. I just have that wee problem with the car seat being on the chassis i guess i'll have to have a look at it & give it a push to see. The 3d one is gorgeous i've heard awful reviews online about it but i saw a lady in town with it yesterday & just couldnt resist asking her about hers , she loved it & had it 6mth so far with not 1 problem. i cant find the cleo one locally to view it so i aint buying one without seeing it 1st either. I think the xcursion is winning so far ...

I voted for the 3D, I have it and love it.
No problems with it at all. I also carry it up and down my stairs on a daily basis, is constantly folded/unfolded. TBH the reviews look bad and nearly put me off but I'm soo pleased I got it!

I dont like the third one. All though you can lay it back the seat stays in the same postion.

I have a 3D and love it! It gets used multiple times a day, and is put up and down nearly everytime I use it, and I can put it up and down easily by myself. Alfie is now 10 weeks and still fits in the pram part as have heard that peoples babies dont last long in that part, but he's a fair size, and tall and we have no problems. We also needed a pram with the extendable handles as my brothers are both 6'4, and it ticked all the right boxes.
Also stands upto 4 dogs barging around and standing on the wheels etc to have a peek at Alfie - certainly seems undestructable at the minute!

I have the 3D and I don't regret buying it, its heavy yes but a very sturdy pram, and did everything I needed it for. I like the 3rd one because it reminds me of my cherry which is great, I also ignored the reviews for the 3D it wasn't so long ago that the 3D won best pram in mother and baby magazine

I don't drive but other people do, like family & his family & bumps dad. I'd also need the car seat to get home from the hospital, I taxi it at least once a week so need the car seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->