Which type of cup?

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
I'm planning on weaning Aisling when she's 6 months but want to start buying what I need now! I've heard lots of different things about doidy cups vs sippy cups and just wondered what your experiences are and whether there's any other types of cups people use.

Thanks ladies! :hugs:

my hv told me to start off with a sippy cup but after nearly 4 months he was still having none of it, i tried him 3 times a day lol,
i gave him a nuby cup and he took to it straight away think its the silicone tip, he'll drink an once of water at each meal now :)

https://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq307/rosiehelen32/nuby.jpg
x

I found the bog standard tommee tippee sippy cup was best for Finn- I tried a few but the valve ones were too hard for him. He would drink happily out of it from 4.5 mos. I think it varies from baby to baby but I wish i tried it first because I bought some really expensive ones and he likes the one they give free at the HV!

Ellis uses a doidy cup, i have a couple of sippy cups but she never really got the hang of them. She uses the doidy cup really well and its cute watching her drink properly x

Ellis uses a doidy cup, i have a couple of sippy cups but she never really got the hang of them. She uses the doidy cup really well and its cute watching her drink properly x

How old is Ellis? :hugs:

I gave LO a doidy cup for the first time yesterday, and he grabbed it straight away and put it to his mouth. He tipped it up a bit soon though and we had a very wet baby! I'm going to let him use it occasionally for the odd bit of water or EBM, and it seems like a good cup. It didn't look easy to hold to me, but he grabbed it right off me and held it no problem. LO is almost 5 months old.

Ellis is 7 and a half months but i got the cup when she was about 4-5 months, she's bf and wasn't too keen on taking a bottle. The doidy cup does take some practice and to start with she'd seem like she had overfilled herself and spluttered a bit but now she's really good and seems to take as much as she wants. I have two sippy cups, one from the dentist which is free flow (to ensure supervision when/if Ellis is given juice-Ellis is part of the child smile program) and a tommee tippee one which had a flow regulator but Ellis was pretty rubbish with it and chewed it more than sucked it.
I don't give her much water as she's still bf on demand but if her meal is a bit dry-toast,lentils,mash etc she likes a little drink and its pretty obvious when she wants one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->