white vinegar

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
so just checking, white vinegar in the wash with the nappies softens it?? and is it ok for the actuall machine? and how often/how much do you use? some of my inserts are drying a bit rigid but dont wanna use fabric softner. :thumbup:

Yep :) I just pour some in, I don't measure it, I'd say it's probably 1/4 cup?

Do you have to do a load of extra rinses or is it ok to just use it like you would softener?

When I use it I just dump it in during the rinse cycle. If I'm using it to help with stink I do it in the first rinse, to soften I do it in the next to last one.

k i have no idea when each thing starts and dont intend to time it all and figure out when it rinses... sooo.. is it cool to put in the fabric softner drawer?
and i assume it does no damage to the washing machine? :wacko:

I'm sure that's fine :) We don't have a drawer for ours. I only do it that way because the rinse cycle is first so I'll pour it in when I put the diapers in. And then I always do an extra rinse cycle so when I start that I'll put it in then so not having to time it :)

okie dokie, i will get some vinegar tomorrow and try it on friday when i wash the nappies. not got any today and about to put them in. Just dont like how rigid a few of them are drying,

i just bung it in in the softener drawer hun....will be fine on the machine..will actually help to keep it nice and clean:)

white vinegar is actually good for your machine! I throw a cup of white vinegar into the empty machine and set to wash on very hot once every couple months as it is good for cleaning all those bits where washing powder and scum build up where you can't see

I always use white vinegar in the fabric softer bit with my nappies.. helps the stink too :)

It really isn't working for me... why? All my inserts are really rough :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->