who do i call to complain?

Becci_Boo86

Reaction score
ok well we moved into our place in Aug 2010 and we were given our phone number.

after getting this number i was having calls for a Deb Lewis for months on end different companies and even there work calls to change there hours.

i know where this women lives and i have been round once to tell her to change her numbers but she still does it.

i want to know i can call to complain about this and get her to stop using my number for annoying calls etc..

Help?? x

im a bit confused as to what she is doing?

do you think she is deliberately giving out your number to people and saying it is her? im not sure how that would benefit her

or i read it wrong and she has a similar number that is being mistaken for yours? in which case its not down to her to change her number

if you give any of these companies a number it can be passed around to many many more

How annoying I would change the number if she is purposely giving yours out so she doesnt get the calls. Or find out hers then pass it on to the callers
:flower:

Edit to add - if you want to complain maybe bt will be able to help?

I'm assuming you are having the same problem we had when we bought our house - you're getting calls for the previous tennant? There isn't really anything you can do except keep telling them the person doesn't live there anymore. I used to get 4 or 5 calls a day from Littlewoods for months on end until they either finally gave up or she got in contact with them. She's got a loan and she obviously hasn't changed the address on her account because every month she goes overdue with the payment - and this is a repayment agreement because she missed so many on the original loan - and the reminder letters come to us.

It's so annoying and frustrating but the only thing you can do really is change your number hun x

I don't really think you can complain to anyone as they recycle peoples numbers, maybe a number change may help:flower:

Not sure there's much you can do.

We moved into a new build so no previous occupier, however we kept getting banks calling for one particular lady, the address was different but obviously she'd given a fake number to them as they were chasing debts. Eventually the companies gave up.

Perhaps speak to your line rental company or BT, not sure who gives out the numbers! And expalin to them and see if they can change your number and waive any fee (if there is any fee)

Good luck, I know hoow frustrating it is!

We get this alot, and even after changing numbers, we just get calls for some one else. The only thing you can do is request to be taken off of the calling list. If that doesn't work, make a log of every time they call, and BT will block them for you.

I get 4-5 phonecalls a day for VR Plastics, verrryyyy annoying!

Is that cos your number is nearly the same as theirs (like 1 digit different)? My mum used to get lots of calls from people wanting to order coal, for this reason :wacko: nowhere near 4-5 a day though!

I get 4-5 phonecalls a day for VR Plastics, verrryyyy annoying!

Is that cos your number is nearly the same as theirs (like 1 digit different)? My mum used to get lots of calls from people wanting to order coal, for this reason :wacko: nowhere near 4-5 a day though!

We have occasional calls for a local jewelers. Even had the same store from different lcoations calling saying 'Hi this is the Romford store etc' and I'm like Romford store for what?! And they they sound like they don't believe me when I say we aren't the jewelers!! Luckily doesn't happen too often!!

xx

We had this when we moved and we had a new build too, they just recycle the numbers. I phoned BT, said it was a nuisance and they changed my number fee of charge :)

Yep they do recycle the numbers. We live in a newbuild and kept getting debt collecting calls for a 'Mrs A Dale', we'd say she doesn't live here and the person on the other end of the phone would be like 'oh she moved?' and we'd be like no she never lived here because this place was only built in 2009 and we are the first people to live here. The other one is our number is very similar to a gearbox place in Hainault and we get all kinds of funny voicemails because of it (we rarely use or answer our landline because we have unlimited iPhone contracts anyway). The most hilarious one was this Nigerian woman who was convinced we were a consultant at a local private hospital. My husband answered the phone and she just wouldn't believe it was not the hospital. She then kept leaving voicemails every few weeks about why hasn't the consultant got back to get about payment and she has written to them and no response. I did find the number of the consultant on the hospitals website and it's nothing like ours, silly cow! :D xx

thanks for all ur replies. well its mainly she had this number never lived in the house we are in but lives down the road.

i know she still giving it out cos i have had the aa and rac say she gave the number to them 2 weeks ago.

i have asked talk talk to change my number and make me x directory aswell. so we are waiting on them to call and sort it now

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->