Who do u listen to doc/hv

ALY

spammy sexington
Reaction score
Iask this as sam is 15mths old n he weighs 20lb 2oz :hissy:
the hv says he is under weight by 5_10lb n that i should b force feeding him :hissy: but he eats quite a lot n is very active
but the doc says he is ok as he as got kidney reflux so he wont put a lot of weight on :cry:
so who do u think is right
n could u tell me how old ur lo are n how much they weigh if u dont mind
thanks

my lo is 10 and half months she last weighed in december 20lbs or there abouts,

how ever my niece is the same weight as my lo and she is 15 month old but she was 5. 9lbs when she was born so they say its fine she is a small baby. xxx

I would listen to your doctor TBH

At 16months kieran was 11.65kg about 25pounds

So your HV is right by saying he is a little underweight BUT your doctor knows why he isn't gaining weight. I definatly wouldn't suggest force feeding because that would just make him have issues with food.

I have no idea about reflux but if your worried about his weight is there any high energy food s you can give him to at least try and see if it makes a difference.

You sound like your doin a great job x

Dec is 15 months and last time he got weighed, about 4 weeks ago he was 24lbs. I would listen to your doc, I had a problem with getting different advice from doc and hv but I decided to listen to my doc, they would know best, wouldnt they?? Well I hope so anyway.
If he is staying on his % line then he is fine, my nephew was about 21lbs at 14 months and he was fine because he was still on his % line. My hv told me a baby is not underweight unless it goes below the 5th% well I just checked for you and your LO is between the 9th and 25%. Sounds fine to me xx

sam was 7lb7oz wen he was born he is just on the 9th centile
so the hv said he as to put 4lb on in 6wks but av just been looking at his records n he as never put more than 1 1/2lb on
so she wants to c him again t c if he needs to go t c a diatrition

Personally.. the doc knows more... listen to him.

I wouldn't worry about weights, as long as your baby is getting nurishment and is happy, thats all that matters.. My SIL's 3 year old is only 30lbs.

I'd listen to the doctor. I've found HVs are a bit like MWs in that they offer more of an opinion based on their experience, whereas a doctor has to tell you information that is absolutely medically accurate.

I'd listen to a doctor. They've done 7 years at medical school and are obliged to keep up with medical advances. What sort of qualifications/training to HVs have?

I would listen to your doctor hon.Unless you think you could benefit from taking Sam to a nutritionist for peace of mind xx

i wouldnt worry about it hun every childs different. As long as his eating habits ect dont change nd hes happy dont worry. My son just turned 3 in Jan and hes only 32lbs, he eats like a horse but just runs it off, he doesnt look underweight hes just tall and skinny lol - trust ur instincts - xxxx

I would listen to the dr if i were you, i dont think u can measure children by a textbook rule because all children are different and all have different metabolisms and appetites.
I would think that force feeding could cause more poblems in the future if it makes him want to eat less.
If he is happy and healthy then i wouldnt worry too much
x

I would listen to the dr but try not to worry to much, my friends 3 year old is only 30 lbs and she eats very well just very active .

Listen to your doc and your own instincts....Maley was weighed a few weeks ago and was 9lb 14oz and is classed as underweight but he thing is i was always underweight until i hit my 20s...my school actually thought i was anorexic but i ate like a horse!! As long as your LO is happy and well...they are only going by their graphs anyway and not everyone is the same!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->