Who gives up on sterilising before 12 months?

Bec L

Proud mum to 2 girls/1boy
Reaction score
(apart from bottles if you use them...?)

I am still quite careful about sterilising Poppy's stuff - always do her spoons, syringes and cup before each use.

I know quite a few mum's who have pretty much stopped sterlising things and I wonder if I am still a bit too over cautious? I am sure if I just did her cup first thing in the morning it would be fine for her to drink from it all day?? :shrug:

I don't sterlise anything. We use a LOT of stuff (18 syringes, 4 bottles, 3 dishes, and about 12 spoons :lol:) in a day, if I sterilised all that I would never stop. I stopped sterlising at 7 months, purely through choice. My mum sterlised my stuff until I was 4 months and I am fine.

Its purely your own choice, I know a few people who didn't even sterlise their newborns things, we are FAR too over cautious with our children now.

I still sterilize Bottles but that it I have never sterilized spoons or dishes and LO is Fine I did it with the other 2 aswell and they are fine.
Luv Cheryl xxx

We sterilise bottles, we used to sterilise bowls/spoons/cups etc but since Brooke has hit 7 months we only sterilise bottles.

once hannah started crawling and being able to lick the carpet, I saw that as I sign i didnt need to sterilise everything!

I have only ever steralized bottles, everything else just has a good wash, i only wash his cup at start of day unless it gets caked in food xx

I only ever sterilise bottles that have had milk in, since he was about 6/7 monthsish.

I think the guidelines are to only sterilise bottles for milk after 6 months. It's not like the food is sterile so there's no point.

I only sterilise his bottles now. Used to sterilise everything but now there is no need he can crawl so everything goes in his mouth anyway :rofl:
xx

I think the guidelines are to only sterilise bottles for milk after 6 months. It's not like the food is sterile so there's no point.

I always had 12 months in my head but 6m makes more sense. Hooray, can put the steriliser away then!!

Bottles and breastpumps are supposed to be done till 12months, other stuff 6 months. Thats pretty much what I've always done but still chucked bowls, spoons and syringes in there sometimes. I find it easier to find baby stuff....it's all togeather in the steriliser:happydance:

I haven't sterilised anything since 6m either.

I think I will do her bottles, or at least the nipples, until nearly 12 mos but not bother with the rest, she's already very mobile even though she's not crawling and has got everything in her mouth :dohh:

I do Alex's bottles, syringes and dummies and if I remember I'll put spoons and bowls in there but tbh he sticks som many non sterile things in his mouth that I'm not overly fussed about hte bowls and spoons - even his dummies just get done once every couple of days now. I'll always do his bottles but as for the rest I figure he's fine without it.

I stopped at about 5 months i have put my steraliser away til next time.:thumbup:

I stopped steralising Jay's bottles about a week ago at 9 1/2 months :)

xx

Ive never sterilized bowls, spoons etc but they do go in dishwasher which is the same as.

with my first 2 kiddies I stopped sterilizing at about 10 months once they were crawling coz then they are touching everything anyway, I put them onto cows milk then aswell

Never sterlised....i dont believe in it....Bad mummy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->