Who got their bambino christened?

jen1604

Reaction score
Just wondered.I dont know a lot of people that have...
We're getting Ophelia christened in May even though maybe its a bit hypocritical because we're not married.
If you did get your LO christened was it a big fancy event?For us,the actual christening will be in a little village church but Im hoping to have a nice party afterwards....xx

I'm not getting her Christened as of right now. My mother is REALLY on my case about it, she's said some horrible things because I'm not. Like having a breakdown because Renah'll be burried with "the others" if she dies because she's not Christened. Way to make me feel like shit.

If I was going to do it, it'd just be a small gathering and get together. Nothing fancy.

Hi,
I had both my children christened i am not married.
We got them done in church and then a party afterwards in our local club we had a buffet, d.j and a lovely cake but it wasn't too fancy.We had a great time and the kids loved it too.

hope you have a great day enjoy xxxx

I really don't want to do it yet, bus as with Scorpio87 everyone is on my case about it.

And the fight is whether she will be Cristened Catholic (her dad) or episcopalian (me).Although I think the Roman Catholic church would never agree to baptize Lola because we (her parents) are not married.

I really don't want to do it yet, bus as with Scorpio87 everyone is on my case about it.

And the fight is whether she will be Cristened Catholic (her dad) or episcopalian (me).Although I think the Roman Catholic church would never agree to baptize Lola because we (her parents) are not married.

Im getting harry christened in Roman catholic church next month. We are not married and OH is methodist. doesnt seem to be a problem.

I got Chloe christened and was initially refused by my local church because i was a single parent at the time, i was told to come back and see him in a year! I was determined to get her christened though as i was due to go out the country for 4mth so I approached a different minister that was once with our local church and he was more than happy to do it.

It did end up being a big/fancy event as it was held at a gorgeous big church affiliated with Stirling Castle. I have a very large family and had freinds travelling from from all over so had a meal afterwards, ended up costing a fortune. I dont think it will be such a fuss this time round!

We had a naming day as neither of us are religious

Yep- my daughter's being baptized Roman Catholic, even though her father & I aren't married.. we are both Catholic, so it seems natural for us? It's never been a question in our minds, even though we do worry about where we'll get it done, etc. as we're young & unmarried..

My Mom was of the opinion that Claire wouldn't be 'allowed' to be baptized as her father and I arn't married. I told her that if that was the way her church worked, then it wasn't a church that I'd want to do it anyways! Imagine, punishing an innocent child for the mistakes of her parents. (At least on our parts... Claire wasn't planned, but we love her as much as if she was!).

We'll baptize her. I urged my Mom to talk to our minister, and he had no problems with it. If he did, we would have found another church. Easy as pie. :)

I got Chloe christened and was initially refused by my local church because i was a single parent at the time, i was told to come back and see him in a year! I was determined to get her christened though as i was due to go out the country for 4mth so I approached a different minister that was once with our local church and he was more than happy to do it.

It did end up being a big/fancy event as it was held at a gorgeous big church affiliated with Stirling Castle. I have a very large family and had freinds travelling from from all over so had a meal afterwards, ended up costing a fortune. I dont think it will be such a fuss this time round!

I think thats terrible that the church initially rejected you because you were a single mum!
It sounds like you had a gorgeous day in the end though xxx

even though we do worry about where we'll get it done, etc. as we're young & unmarried..

I was worried about this too but once I actually spoke to our vicar he didn't seem bothered by it at all xx

I wasnt married when I had my first and he was christened in a catholic church, both me and his dad are catholic. For both our boys we just had a family sit down meal after the christening and then that night we all went out for a drink, simple and enjoyed by everyone. xx

Hi, we had Elliot christened in november. we had it at my MIL's regular church that she attends, they let us hire the room/hall at the back for our do afterwards. We only invited close family and friends (like our wedding really). We had a cake made in the shape of the letter 'E' which looked great. The lady who did our wedding cake and food did the christening food/cake too. She's a friend of the family, so nice of her to do this for us at a good price.

keely.

We had a naming day as neither of us are religious

Same as us. I thought it would be a bit hypocritical to have Amelia christened when we are not religious.

We had a really nice ceremony and then a small party. It was on her first birthday.

Benjamin's christenng day is this Sunday. We will be having a gathering at my mom's house with a small buffet and drinks for family and close friends.

I don't think I'll be getting Max christened as I'm not religous but I have been thinking about possibly having a naming ceremony.

xx

We are getting Larissa Christened but just want a quite event in a village church and not a fuss after as tbh we just cannot afford it. We don't have space at our house to have ppl back so We were hoping to go to the local pub and have food but hope everyone pays for their own meal as we don't have the £'s is that rude?

We are getting Larissa Christened but just want a quite event in a village church and not a fuss after as tbh we just cannot afford it. We don't have space at our house to have ppl back so We were hoping to go to the local pub and have food but hope everyone pays for their own meal as we don't have the £'s is that rude?

Why dont you do what sabby52 did and have a family sit down meal afterwards at home and then go out for drinks with friends later on?It might work out cheaper...xxx

i really want to...not because i believe in god (i dont) but because all the good schools here are catholic and i want her to go to one of them....plus i want the party - how bad am i?! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->