Who had a nice labour experience?

cookielucylou

Reaction score
I actually quite enjoyed my experience. I was sent to the hospital at lunch time because of raised bp and protein in urine, to be told I was 3cm dialated and having very regular contractions and i hadnt even noticed. They were about 7 mins apart and I jusy thought I was having braxton hicks. The people at the hospital said how surprised they were at how calm I was. They let me go home, but I was soon back in as it really escalleted and lo was born an hour after I started feeling labour pains. I was also really pleased with myself that I done it all with no pain relief :)

My labour with DS was amazing! I had a water birth with no pain relief and he was born in the pool. it was 6 hours from the first contraction to his birth. My DD was 48 hours of back to back labour with an epidural, forceps and episiotomy. I didn't consider that to ne bad at the time because I didn't know any different and I had her at the end of it but then when I had a totally natural birth second time round it wad just amazing!!!

I had a very good induction with my first. Took a while to get going but once I was in established labour it was under 4 hours till birth and with just gas and air.

Second labour was even better, all natural with just a little gas and air. also delivered in 4 hours max.

ETA I really enjoyed both labours and I think it helped that I was relaxed x

Oh yes my 2nd was a wonderful experience.

Planned HBAC.

Had cramps on and off through the day getting more intense, big show walking back from town with Mum, cramps ramped up, I sent hubby out to watch footie, made a casserole and ate with Mum, bathed and put my toddler to bed, tidied up, did a tesco online shop (now having to stop regularly and breathe through contractions) had a bath got into my scruffy PJ's watch TV on teh sofa with Mum until I had to shut my eyes and concentrate on contractions...at this point Mum told me to call the MW and my hubby (she was counting an ctx were 3 maybe 4 mins apart at a push lasting a minute - I wasnt paying attention).

Took 3 attempts and 6 ctx to finally get hold of hubby at the pub (his mobile had no signal so had to call the pub LOL!).

When MW arrived we had a chat and relaxed she checked after a while and I was 7/8cm!

I lboured for a while on the floor then over the sofa with everyone talking quietly, I had my fave film on (I wasnt watching but it was comforting having it on) knowing my little boy was safe upstairs in bed was great. I finally got some GnA around transition when the 2nd MW arrived - my waters broke in spectacular style while I was leaning over the sofa.

Had a bit of a latent stage as baby turned posterior and due to blood loss concerns we transferred to hospital - now I could have done without the walking to the ambulance and climbing the stairs at 10cm dilated and finally getting the urge to push on route!

But despite the ride and despite being put in stirrups and knowing I'd poohed in the ambulance so smelt bad and it not being able to argue that I wanted to be in a different position etc I pushed my baby out myself in my own time with only gas and air needing no stitches after a shitty shitty first labour and EMCS.

I DID IT all on my own, my baby arrived onto my tummy and he wasnt taken from me for over an hour and thenhe was only out of my sight when I went to have a shoer and he was with Daddy.

BEST thing ever.

Staying at home until I HAD to go to hospital for genuine concerns was the best decision i ever made.

If I do it again it'll be homebirth all the way.

This labour was ace, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Yes! Twice!! Bloody loved it!! With my middle daughter I said to my hubby about 20 mins after she was born 'I want to do it all again now!!' hence being preggers 9 months later and having that one at home!!!

First labour was done at home, without pain relief and got to the hospital at 9.5cm dilated, the delivery part not so much but it was a fairly good experience. It was 12 hours long.

Second baby contractions started at 4 minutes apart. Seemed to be quite close together and quite intense quickly. Got to the hospital and was 5.5cm dilated but just aswell I went as I had my daughter 1 hour later. She was born 'in the caul' (in the amniotic sac) it was awesome. No pain relief and labour and delivery was 3.5 hours. I could not have asked for anything better apart from a home birth.

If there is a next one I will be birthing at home.

I'm so proud to say how much I enjoyed my birth experience. It almost seems taboo to talk about it because of the trauma so many poor women go through.

I had 1.5 hours active labour - was induced a week early and soon as I held him I said to my husband "I could do this again....all of it" Every year, every week - well worth the pain and heartache we went through to get our little miracle

Meeeee! I'd do it all again tomorrow if i could. My waters broke at 6:30am, got examined at 3:30pm and was 2cm. Then went back at 7:30pm because contractions were getting worse, had gas and air and she was born at 12:04am the next day. Had 1 internal stitch and went home at 11:30 am. Completely straightforward natural birth and i couldn't have wished for it to be any better. The midwife was brilliant too and stayed in the room almost the whole time. :flower:

When my friends asked me about my labour I answerred "It was the best night of my life!" Mainly due to the princess I met at the end but the whole experience was great- Established labour was 3hrs20 (although I'd had contractions from Saturday morn & delivered her at 2216hrs on the Sunday) I just felt so in control & relaxed, I was able to be in my own world & was so excited the whole time about finally meeting my yellow bump!

Great thread :thumbup:

dd2 was a great experience. Had a strange bleed at 6am so went to hospital to get checked over, no contractions though, got there just after 8am, was examined and waters broke (over doctor lol ) contractions started (surges, as I was doing natal hypnotherapy) dd2 was born at 12.32, a VBAC. No pain relief at all and I loved it.
That's the experience I want again, calm, quick and no complications and a beautiful healthy baby to take home with me :)
Really looking into HB this time.

Thanks to everyone else who has shared their stories

Me too :) My son!

At 2am on his due date my waters broke in bed, I put a pad on & rang hospital. They said to ring back in an hour if I wasn't having contractions. Rang them back and still wasn't having contractions, so they told me to come in to be assessed at 8am the following morning.

We couldn't sleep so I packed my hospital bag & hubby and I started to play guitar hero to take our minds off it. I started having contractions, they were very strong and on top of each other straight away.

By about 4am I couldn't take it so I got my husband to call and ask if we can go in. They reluctantly said I could because it was quiet.

MIL drove us in, I got checked and I wasn't dilated at all, his head wasn't engaged. They confirmed my waters broke and gave me pethedine as I was in a lot of pain.

About 730am I got checked and I was ready to go to delivery. 831am on 2nd June I delivered my beautiful boy after about 20 mins of pushing.

xxx

I had a nice labour experience. I was put on syntocin drip after my waters broke but I failed to go into labour spontaneously, and when they put me on the drip I gave birth within 2 and a half hours!

It was very intense and painful as I had no time for pain relief other than gas & air but I had a brilliant midwife (who is actually the home birth midwife in our area so I was lucky to have her) and student midwife who massaged my back with her own grapeseed oil and got me in a squatting position so gravity took hold and I only had 6 minutes of pushing!

It was very positive!!

I had a great experience. I was at home but if I had of gone to the hopsital I would have chosen to go after my waters broke and I imagine I would have been there for 2 hours. I really loved the exiting feeling which made me feel full of energy even with no sleep.

Pushing was intense but it was amazing feeling the head come down.

It's so lovely to hear your experiences, I didn't have a great time at all, but that's just the hand I was dealt. I know next time will be better!

wow i'm jealous of you all! LOL

I did not.
BUT i got my son at the end and there's always next time!

I had quite a pleasant experience. My hind waters broke at 9am so I had a bath and then rang delivery suite (DS). DS told me to go in for assessment so I did about 11am. At this point I had just an uncomfortable tummy.

Got to the hosp and was examined. I was 1cm dilated and told to go home and return for an induction at 10.30am the next morning if I had not gone into established labour that night. After waiting to be seen in the hosp we got back home around 5pm. By this time I felt like I was having mild period pains.

6pm we cooked a Pizza and watched TV. By 7pm my contractions hurt enough for me to have to sing through them so I got into the bath about 8pm for a couple of hours. My contractions were erratic and I had rang DS again but they said not to come in until comtractions were 5 mins apart and 1 min long. They were definitely 1 minute long but were all over the place with how quickly they came. Even though contractions weren't regular I knew that I should go to the hospital because now I could not even sing. They took my breath away.

I rang DS again and lied and said contractions were 5 mins apart. They asked if I could stay at home for a bit longer but I refused. Just after 10.30pm I managed to get dressed and into the car, stopping twice on the way. The contractions became regular when I got out of the bath, about every 3 minutes. We got to hospital about 11pm and I was examined, all the time thinking "please give me gas and air". I was too polite to ask lol

The MW was very suprised that I was 7-8cm when examined. I'm not a screamer type and because I looked like I was coping ok she assumed I was in early stages. Inside I felt like I was dying but maganed to breathe through the pain. I started on the G&A about 11.30pm and my little man was born at 1:07am:cloud9:

My labour progressed pretty quickly and being at home definitely helped. I want a home birth or water birth next time. Fingers crossed it's all straight forward again :thumbup:

Me too :) My son!

At 2am on his due date my waters broke in bed, I put a pad on & rang hospital. They said to ring back in an hour if I wasn't having contractions. Rang them back and still wasn't having contractions, so they told me to come in to be assessed at 8am the following morning.

We couldn't sleep so I packed my hospital bag & hubby and I started to play guitar hero to take our minds off it. I started having contractions, they were very strong and on top of each other straight away.

By about 4am I couldn't take it so I got my husband to call and ask if we can go in. They reluctantly said I could because it was quiet.

MIL drove us in, I got checked and I wasn't dilated at all, his head wasn't engaged. They confirmed my waters broke and gave me pethedine as I was in a lot of pain.

About 730am I got checked and I was ready to go to delivery. 831am on 2nd June I delivered my beautiful boy after about 20 mins of pushing.

xxx

WOW that was fast x

i loved my labour - glad there's others as most people think i'm weird lol

my waters had broken the day before, so i knew when i woke up at three am that it was the real thing! my contractions started at five minutes apart and within half an hour were two minutes apart and i couldnt talk through them!
phoned hospital and she heard me have one contraction on the back of another, i wasn't getting a break between them! so i was told to go straight in. i was already (i'd been booked to have an induction the next day any way, so my oh loaded up the car and up we went... as i struggled not to push. it was the worst car ride ever lol
got to the hospital and the corridor seemed about a mile long, i was contracting every few steps. FINALLY got to birthing centre, fully dilated, after an hour and a half of labour.
quickly changed, and he arrived an hour later. no epidural, no gas and air, no pethadine, the way i wanted it and everybody told me i couldn't do! i left hospital a few hours later wishing i'd done it at home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->