Who had second back to back labour?

Iren_iren

Reaction score
The closer it gets, the more nervous i get :)
I had normal first labour with DS being head down and face back, the whole thing lasted 15h and i got from 4cm to 10cm in just over 2h. But i did not handle contractions well, i was screaming from pain from the start
Now my girl just turned from breech to be head down, but face up and i've been reading it might take longer, contractions in your back and more painful

Anyone had their second back to back? Did the labout take longer? Was it more paunful?

Thanks

My first was a normal delivery, my second back to back, both were about 5 hour active labour, the labour was intense but it didn't take any longer than my first, all three of my labours have taken the same sort of amount of time

Edited to add I coped with my second and third labours better because I didn't panic, because I knew what to expect, with my fist I panicked and lost it a bit, I didn't scream or anything but begged for every pain relief going, with my second and third I didn't do anything I just got on with it with gas and air no panicking

My first was a normal delivery, my second back to back, both were about 5 hour active labour, the labour was intense but it didn't take any longer than my first, all three of my labours have taken the same sort of amount of time

Edited to add I coped with my second and third labours better because I didn't panic, because I knew what to expect, with my fist I panicked and lost it a bit, I didn't scream or anything but begged for every pain relief going, with my second and third I didn't do anything I just got on with it with gas and air no panicking

Thanks for the reply! Its good to know that it does not have to be longer!
Did you deliver your back to back normally without any assistance? Did you have contractions in your back only?
I had gas and air and pethadine with my first and was hoping for waterbirth or just gas and air, so want to prepare myself somehow to it. I guess you are right, as you know what to expect, i need to concentrate on benefits of previous experience and that it can be done!

Both my labours were back to back first was very hard 13 & half hours labour 2 hours pushing second labour way easier 6 hours labour 45 mins pushing X

I feel like I go early I'm due December 30th I'm hoping I don't go on Christmas though

Both my labours have been back to back, and like you with this last pregnancy I screamed the whole time going from 4-10 in 2 hours. But the last pregnancy was over 24 hours, this one was 7 hours. I had an epidural the first time but wanted to do it without the second time, didn't quite work that way ended up having diamorphine but I was glad I didn't go for epidural in the end. Try not to focus too much on what might happen hun, just go with it your body will take over, I was so focused on what the last pregnancy was like and was completely dreading it but it was very differentx

Both my labours have been back to back, and like you with this last pregnancy I screamed the whole time going from 4-10 in 2 hours. But the last pregnancy was over 24 hours, this one was 7 hours. I had an epidural the first time but wanted to do it without the second time, didn't quite work that way ended up having diamorphine but I was glad I didn't go for epidural in the end. Try not to focus too much on what might happen hun, just go with it your body will take over, I was so focused on what the last pregnancy was like and was completely dreading it but it was very differentx

Thanks for encouragement and sharing your experience.
I hopefully still have few weeks, so will be trying to keep myself busy and not to dwell too much on past experience and what might happen now

Both my labours were back to back first was very hard 13 & half hours labour 2 hours pushing second labour way easier 6 hours labour 45 mins pushing X

Yay! For second shorter labour!
Did you feel contractions in your back both times? Did babies camw out ok withouth assistance?

I had 2 back to back labours/births and a breech birth (section)
I've never experienced a normal labour where baby faced the way it was supposed to so i couldn't compaire. but my labours were incredibly long & painful, but as your last one was quick i doubt you will have a long labour.

I had normal first labour with DS being head down and face back, the whole thing lasted 15h and i got from 4cm to 10cm in just over 2h. But i did not handle contractions well, i was screaming from pain from the start
Now my girl just turned from breech to be head down, but face up and i've been reading it might take longer, contractions in your back and more painful

Anyone had their second back to back? Did the labout take longer? Was it more paunful?

Thanks

2 back 2 back labours here. 1st from active labour to holding her was around 7 hours.
2nd was 20 mins born at home and was unbearable.
Hopefully yours will be better than my experience! X

I only found out baby was back-to-back when they palpated me in labour, it was actually the student who picked it up.

I didn't give birth vaginally for unrelated issues (babies heart rate was dipping and I was over contracting due to the induction pessary) but none of my pain was in my back whilst I was in labour - I was shocked when they told me I was back to back because I felt nothing in my back at all!

Thanks

2 back 2 back labours here. 1st from active labour to holding her was around 7 hours.

Or wow! 20 min thats fast! Hope you were ok after thst

Thanks

Or wow! 20 min thats fast! Hope you were ok after thst

I was fine physically no tears or anything just a massive shock. No medical help as the ambulance didn't get there on time so my partner delivered him. I look back with fond memories now, but at the time (3 months ago) I definitely didn't! :haha:

My 3 were all back to back so I don't have anything to compare it to but none of my labours were very long or overly painful. My 1st was 6 hours, 2nd 9 hours (but I wasn't sure I was in labour for the first 5 hours), 3rd 51 minutes. I had gas and air with all of them and didn't feel a need for anything else (except when I had a cannula put in with my 2nd, then I was tempted to ask for an epidural so I wouldn't feel it until DH reminded me that it wouldn't numb my hand :haha:).
Good luck :)

I've only given birth once. Dd was back to back. I had continuous contractions from 2cm so it was long and painful(but I have nothing to compare it with I could just have a low pain tolerance) . I got an epidural which was bliss.
Pushing was 2 hours. I did need the midwife to tell me when to push but I did it all on my own. I did need an episiotomy because baby was at the wrong angle to push out on her own.

Thank you ladies for sharing your experiences.
I'll try to keep my mind open and embrace the experience, it will be my last baby, so i should be able to do it at least this one more time :)
The closer i get to my due date, the more i get anxious.

Thank you ladies for sharing your experiences.
I'll try to keep my mind open and embrace the experience, it will be my last baby, so i should be able to do it at least this one more time :)
The closer i get to my due date, the more i get anxious.

Me too. I'm trying not to worry. It is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->