who here had a home birth ???

born2bamum

v happily married
Reaction score
Id like to hear your stories please good and bad, im open minded, and ive had 2 children already, so im aware of the pain lol, but i'm really scared of not being in control like last time, so id like to think that this option would be available for me. Pls share your experiences. :winkwink:

Thanks, Laura

I had a homebirth this time and it was honestly the best thing EVER. Everything was so relaxed, I felt completely happy and in control at every single step of the way. It was just fantastic to be in my own home during labour and straight after birth, it made settling in super easy for me and LO and meant daddy was on hand straight away all the time, I know he feels hes been able to bond with baby much better and its worked out perfectly with having a 5yr old as well, his grandparents had him the night Theo was born and took him to school and then my OH picked him up and brought him home to meet new baby....no messing!
I could probably rave forever about it but I would wholeheartedly recommend homebirth.
The story is in the birth announcement section :)

CONGRATULATIONS !!! It was actually your story that inspired me. I am a little worried as i have a 2/3 prloapsed bladder (cystocele) and i have had a bad tear with my 1st and my 2nd was born at 35 + 6 but no tears or anything. I really really hate fuss and last time was just such a manic mess when it wasnt needed as baby was just fine. I hope that they will at least consider me for this as it looks like a good option to have available. just an off topic question lol, but how are you managing with the horses?

Laura x

Horse wise Ive just started doing them properly myself today....possibly a bit "soon" but I feel great so decided just to get on with it!
I had someone looking after them for me last week, I started going up to bring them in, rug change and feed in the evening from Friday and then this morning I went up and did the mucking out etc, will go up and bring them in in about an hour.
We are working it so that I have baby up in the morning get him nappy changed and fed, my OH takes our other son to school and then I go up to the horses (takes about an hour to hour half to get the jobs done) whilst OH has baby. Same thing in the evening, I wait til directly after a good feed and go straight up, again takes about an hour to bring them in get them brushed and rugged changed. It does mean Im not getting any "time" to do much with them but I as I am BFing its just got to be that way for a little while. Once hes about 6 weeks I will start expressing so I can leave a bottle as a "just incase" but he seems quite happy to feed at 7am and 8:30 ish and then again after I get home, he wasnt hungry when I got back this morning...he was too busy watching daddy pulling silly faces!

Re tearing, I had a 3rd degree tear last time....tiny graze this time and that was only because he came out with a hand up by his face, also was on every monitor under the sun last time, flat on my back etc and I dont really get why as nothing was "wrong"

We have a group for people planning, considering or who have had home births here:
https://www.babyandbump.com/bnb-groups/255340-home-birthers-hopefuls.html

It's full of great info and some lovely, friendly supportive women. Come and say hello. :hugs:

Really glad to hear you and Theo are doing well, squish. :)

I would love to have a home birth next time. I just felt like in hospital everthing went out of control and I kind of lost what was happening and then afterwards I felt really awkward and didn't really know what to do and I would just love to be in my own space after having a baby and be able to get a drink etc. x

I'm totally having one next time if i can :)

Before Leyla I was like 'nooooo way, I want it all in hospital and I want an epidural straight away'... then I actually had her and I had no control at all. The midwife kept saying it was too early for an epidural, then suddenly it was too late, so I ended up giving birth with nothing but I was still stuck on my back on a bed. I don't even think the woman read my birth plan. If I was going to do it without pain relief, I would have wanted a birth pool at the very least! Having looked at a few links from the homebirth group, I'm actually thinking about homebirth now. At least that way, I would be prepared for the pain and be able to choose how to deal with it myself. Not sure what my OH will say though, he was pretty freaked out by it all with Leyla. Has anybody had a homebirth whose husband wasn't keen on the idea to start off with? How did you convince them? Not that I'm pregnant now but we've started talking about the next baby and I may as well start preparing him now!!!

Mine wasnt keen but basically I asked him if he wanted me to be happy or not....he replied he wanted me to be happy and I said that homebirth would make me happy....that was that really! Though I did show him plenty of info as well. He is a convert now though and is coming with me to this Homebirth evening at the local hospital at the end of March.

Mine wasnt keen but basically I asked him if he wanted me to be happy or not....he replied he wanted me to be happy and I said that homebirth would make me happy....that was that really! Though I did show him plenty of info as well. He is a convert now though and is coming with me to this Homebirth evening at the local hospital at the end of March.

Mine is the same now! I too had a very lovely homebirth oh helped with it all, cut the cord, passed baby to me. I showed him all the info and by 32 weeks he was happy to go along with whatever made me happy!!! On another note which I noticed above- have either of you ridden your horses yet?? I have ridden two of mine one 10 days after LO was born and the other last weekend so 3 weeks after the birth, felt fine with both- obviously better this weekend just gone!! (re bf my LO has been having top ups of expressed since 10 days but that is because we had weight loss and milk issues to begin with- luckily all ok now but she does like her once a day bottle with daddy )
:kiss:

Im going for a short ride on Saturday morning, only 15/20 minutes. TBH I fely like I could have jumped on after three days but I have been trying to be sensible!
Going to bite the bullet and express some milk this week to leave a feeds worth of EBM for Sat morning. He most likely wont need it as he goes 3-4 hours between feeds..hope he doesnt then I wont feel guilty about running off to ride!!

Gawd i so didnt feel like riding again for like 4 months and felt like a total sack of flob :rofl: Went off and did some training like a week later and nearly passed out :rofl:

I did :) My birth story is in the homebirth and hopefuls thread. I hope you get the birth you want.

yes i had an amazing homebirth.
my husband was supportive the whole time, he wanted a homebirth too!
i went into labor at 3am when my water broke and woke me up, and 12 hours later my evelyn came out in the birthing tub in our bedroom after 2 pushes. it was a great AMAZING day. good luck!

I had one and it was fab. Mine's in the group post too :) I'd highly recommend it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->