whooping cough injection-side effects

minnie10

Mummy to 1 , wtt#2
Reaction score
I got my whooping cough injection on tuesday, the injection site is still abit red& swollen and tender if i lean on it. Yesterday it was itchy is this normal? Also i noticed yesterday that under my armpit is swollen and a little bit sore. Could this be a reaction to the injection as well or something totally different? What side effects have you ladies had from this injection?

My arm was so for a few days afterwards (had it last Friday). Also ached a lot the following day, but I have since come down with a chest infection so I'm not sure what was jab, what was infection. Sorry I can't help any more. Definitely worth it, though, for the protection you are giving baby x

Had mine on Tuesday was sore on Wednesday really itchy Thursday but is fine now. The lump under your armpit could be a swollen milk gland, keep an eye and call midwife if worried x

My arm was sore and really heavy/achey I also had pins and needles in that hand for a few days. Keep your eye on it and mention it to your midwife if it doesn't go down in a day or two.

My arm was sore and itchy with a hot lump where the needle went in for about a week or just over. I kept thinking that wasnt normal. After that all was fine again.

omg, i got mine on Monday...Tuesday after work, I went home and straight to bed as my body ached-and I felt ill. I have had a hard time sleeping on it since then.
it is still a little sore today.

Thanks ladies.i had tried googling the side effects but couldnt really find anything out.

I had mine yesterday and i feel like i've been punched in my arm, it's sore but sort of heavy at the same time :dohh:
The swelling in your arm pit is probably your lymph nodes reacting to the injection. They produce the antibodies to fight whatever illness there is. It's a sign your body is working to fight the injection, so i think that's a good sign.

Only thing I had was my arm was a little sore for an hour or two afterwards. That was it.

Ok so the swelling in the armpit has went down, but the injection site is it swollen,quite itchy and theres a big red blotch like mark around it. Think i might give gp/midwife a call nxt week if it hasnt improved by tues.

Hmmm bit worried as I'm having mine the day before I go on holiday, wondering if I shouldn't now? Appointment fits in with work so I don't have to take extra time off so really want to have it that day. I'm having mine at 28 w 4 d but told need it anytime between 28&35 weeks.

my arm was a bit sore for two days and thats it really :flower:

Had mine at 36 weeks

x

I was told to make an app with nurse at 28 week app. I was 29+6 when I had it.

When were you all offered yours?

i wasnt offered mine i had to ask the mw about it, think you can get it after 28 weeks. mw told me they dont really push women to get it anymore as its not as common:shrug::shrug: but i decided to get it as i work in a nursery.

Hmmm bit worried as I'm having mine the day before I go on holiday, wondering if I shouldn't now? Appointment fits in with work so I don't have to take extra time off so really want to have it that day. I'm having mine at 28 w 4 d but told need it anytime between 28&35 weeks.

from the advice everyone has given me everyone seems to react to it differently:shrug:

i had a sore arm for a couple of days and got a bit of a cold - its not a live vaccine but it may have weakened my immune system a bit OR it could be a complete coincidence!!

I was told anytime after 28 weeks.
I had mine on thursday, it was heavy and sore on friday, still sore if i press it now and there is a tiny bruise but that's it.
It does sound like everyone reacts quite differently.
If it's only a 1 or 2 week holiday, no harm in waiting? just in case you are one of the ladies who reacts badly.

BTW, i requested to have mine in my right arm as i am left handed. VERY glad i did because i also sleep on my left. I wouldnt have been able to sleep on the injected arm for at least 2 nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->